Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new handles fitted, you like? they're 'different'...

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new handles fitted, you like? they're 'different'...

Already put this is my auto bio, but would like some feedback on this. Painted my wheels black and silver last week, and although they look ok, they looked a bit out of place

See what I mean?!?! So seeing as I was going to do the handles in black anyway, thought if I did the handles the same sort of scheme, the two things would compliment each other. I really like it, but I'm absolutely positive there's gonna be a big number of people who don't.

So what do you reckon? And while you can see the whole car, any ideas for the next mod?
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont like that at all mate, sorry.

Next mod should be lowering, spraying wheels all black or new ones. Imo, dont take to offence.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Ford Transit Custom by day :-( Astra XP by night :-)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    errrmm..... handles would look ok if the rest of the car did. Not sure what you are trying to do. If it's being different then spot on, but at first glance it's a bit wtf. If you are like me and haven't the cash for full on mod's, i'd just tidy it up and do little things like your debadged grill i.e wheel trims,clear indicators etc.
    I'm just guessing that the 86 in your user name is the year of birth with makes you 20. If I had done that at 23 my mates would have ripped the piss big time (still do for having a 1.6 estate at 29!).
    On a positive note it looks like you've done a bloody good job of spraying them up though.
    Next mod.... Wheel trims or alloy's
    All comments above are imo, and at the end of the day it's your car, what you like I might not and vice versa.
    Astra MK5 1.8 SRi XP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <- thats my opinion. If your going for the "sleeper" look youve done an amazing job.
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what on earth is the sleeper look?!?

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Colour code them. Much better if you ask me. Paint the wheels all silver or just get some alloys. As it stands I think they look tacky. However, if you are happy with them, who cares what I think. But you did make a poll
    124.6 Bhp and 133.5 lb/ft from an x18xe1 (Now Sold)

Now Drive a Corsa VXR

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well that was the point! cant afford alloys (to buy or insure) and the wheels were silver - looked crap with or without trims on so just thought I'd try something different. Ah well!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the "sleeper" look is when you make a car look bog standard or understandard - almost tacky, and have a large amount of horses under the bonnet. thats the sleeper look, it makes people laugh but when you put your foot down there not laughing anymore.
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavatron View Post
    I'm just guessing that the 86 in your user name is the year of birth with makes you 20. If I had done that at 20 my mates would have ripped the piss big time (still do for having a 1.6 estate at 29!).
    doesnt that make him 23?

anyways thats not my point, hows can you not be able afford to insure even basic alloys etc at 23. (have a look in my garage, im 18 and my insurance is all legit). Maybe try a different insurance company. Alloys arent that expensive to buy, as long as your not specific about what you want. Theres bargains about. I just bought 4 Team Dynamics RVRIIs for £40 two have new rubber on.

and to be honest, with the money you probobly spent on sanpaper, paint and laquer etc to do those wheels and handles, you could have probobly afforded to get window tints or some alloys. Paint isnt cheap.

Looks like you did the work did is of a good standard, but I dont like it in my opinion. If your good at painting and want to paint something colour code all of the black plastic trim will look way better after that.

If your on a budget keep an eye on ebay and internet classifieds your money can go a long way, I know this because I am skint myself

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah and if you want some cheap mods try a debadged front grill (about a tenner on ebay) and removing the rear wiper and fitting a grommet into the hole (will look much cleaner) and also debadging if you havnt done it already

edit - also get some clear side indicators, cheap on web super cheap at a scrappy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast