Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.9 CDTi 150 - remap?

Hi,

Looking to remap my 1.9 CDTI 150 but have a couple of questions.

From reading other threads I see I can expect an extra 50 bhp, which is great. However, fuel consumption is key to me as I drive 50 miles a day to work. What sort of effect can I expect on the mpg?

Also, having just bought the car I've noticed it smokes under heavy use of the right foot and sometimes when starting up. I know this is an age old problem with diesels but is there a way of stopping it? From what (little) I know the colour of the smoke can help diagnose the problem. I would say it's black rather than white/grey but it's hard to tell!

Any advice would be very gratefully received! Thanks.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had mine remapped and it gave loads of extra torque, but the guy who did it said for best results he will only add approx 35bhp to improve my miles to gallon, so i hope mine should be sitting at about 185 when its all sorted, although i've been having problems recently with power and black smoke using my right foot. Does yours seem mor smokier when you accelerate hard below the turbo range? When my turbo is going i hardly get and noticable smoke....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a DTUK Box, honestly, it's the best way! +50bhp and more economy! I've got one and it's brilliant!
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I read a few people saying DTUK does not give accurate readings on trip computer and stuff after googling them, everyone seems happy with them but i was told that a remap would be just the same but more reliable for the car as it changes the whole system instead of tricking it so to speak, but i'm no expert, thats just what i was told, and my remap only cost me £70 and it defo gave me more power, i'm just waiting to get a problem sorted before i will notice fuel consuption as i think my EGR has been playing up for a few months.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcro1322 View Post
    and my remap only cost me £70.
    Where? And are other engines covered (got 1.7 CDTI)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its was a friend of a friend who i know, he got him to come out to me at work, so i got a good price being through a friend, but i'm sure i could enquire about it.
    He also did my boss's caddilac diesel so i'm sure he can do others easily.

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, that's a joke.

"but more reliable for the car as it changes the whole system instead of tricking it so to speak". IT can't be more reliable for the car because it wasn't done correctly using a rolling road i.e. a 'live' remap. Any clown can come along with a laptop and 'remap' your car. That's basically what the DTUK box does however it's been designed AND TESTED on our cars so it's known to be a good, working product.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remap is the best way, not sure who the best is though youd have to ask others. Should give a better fuel return as long as you dont boot it everywhere as well!

looking at £250ish for goo dlive remap though.

Talk to likes of regal, courtenay, thorney etc i do believe!

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    lol, that's a joke.

"Any clown can come along with a laptop and 'remap' your car. That's basically what the DTUK box does however it's been designed AND TESTED on our cars so it's known to be a good, working product.
    If this is the case then i guess i could of been fed a pack of lies, i just hope this reply was not directed at me as i clearly dont know much about cars, however i have trusted a good friend with his reccomendation, i'm sure others would trusty there friends.

But anyway, back on subject, i would rather pay for a remap whatever the cost over a box as its easier for me as i dont know much about cars.

I would love the 888 remap i have read about, but that was after my car was already remapped.

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not aimed at you per se, more at the crap you'd been fed. I'm not sure why you think a remap is better for you over a box either but c'est la vie.

A remap *is* better if done correctly on a rolling road and by people who know what they're doing simply because it's tailored exactly to your car and will get the most out of it be that power or economy. An excellent compromise is the tuning box as it's easier to install (simply plug it in!) and you can then sell it on ebay if/when you sell the car. The difference between a remap and the box is relatively slight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast