Thread: (An) Astra in a bit of a mess

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

(An) Astra in a bit of a mess

Last Sunday we heard a big metal smashing sound & a cloud of dust & thought someone had driven into a wall or something

Luckily the biker fella was ok & just seemed to be a bit bruised.

Nasty. A few days before that i remember thinking i'd never seen an accident before. Having sort of seen this one, which was thankfully pretty minor, i don't want to be seeing another any time soon.

The driver of the Astra said they thought they saw the biker indicating left to turn up that road. The biker said he wasn't. Astra pulls out & hits biker it seems.
    the headlight of the Astra was behind me taking that pic & off down the road. Whatever speed was being done, he got catapulted a bit of a way.
    Thankfully he was wearing a helmet, as the g/f who was there before me said his head was on the kerb when she got there.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ouch, i had someone do that to me on my bike earlier, although he turned left infront of me (so i was following him).

luckily i was able to overtake him otherwise i would have hit him . . . .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    What i don't get is, with the sun & the way it was that day & what have you, imo, it's easier to to NOT see an indicator flashing than it is to think you saw one.

Either way, it'll be a job for the insurance folk to decide. You see all the fluid P'ing down the road out of the Astra

I forgot to say, when the Ambulance came, pretty much their 1st thing on their to do list was to weigh up moving the Astra.

Now, i'm no Ambulance fella & i'm no cop, but surely that's not #1 on your list.

The cops came shortly after & told the Ambulance guy to forget that idea basically.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The ambulance proberly wanted to get the road open. This should not be there no 1 job though, thats down to the police.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive