Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook

problems with coupe

right as you all know the coupe went eds3.5 back in march, felt good and went good bar the odd splutter on the odd occasion, so next up i went and stuck a xev inlet cam in and a uprated fuel pump as well as a tophat and a cdti airbox for good measure, that was two three week back now, felt really good up until tuesday not last week but week before, emmisions light flickered a couple of times on motorway doing about a ton, ill be honest it didnt feel 100% after that, half a week later on way to blackpool it flickered again after i back off from a decent speed as the motorway sweeps round to left, twenty mins later it stays on the rest of the night and day after till on way back from keithgley that goes off and eml comes on, goes down to work on moday(bh) and puts tech2 on, p0170 present and not present, clears them off and its not been on since has the light. car still feels crap, defo aint full potential, i get the half throttle splutter on the motorway which dont everyone or is there a way to get rid of this, on road it pulls like f*** but it feels to be holding back and can splutter when pulling away from ie lights etc. its ever since cdti airbox was put in, could the vxr airflow meter be faulty??? pipes are tight as even tho i dont like the setup 100%(foreman at work said it could be dragging air in) or could it be the wires thats been extended even tho mechanic from work says the solder and that were spot on that he did???

or any other ideas

remember i do have the oe dv blanked off and a bailey dv26
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry forgot to mention, the day i got eds3.5 i took it to a place to put on rollers, forgot about the fuse for tc and it still did 254.4bhp and 289lb/ft

yesterday with the fuse out it did 239bhp lol, fair/fuel ratio is weak guy said

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    p0170 code...hmm, yet another car with this problem. my car is the same as urs mate...feels the same everything...
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    crap aint it trez!!!!

a mates just come back to me, off up to try a cone filter lol cause of my pipes, afm and a coilpack off one of his vxr's so we'll see

still people think it feels epic, its just crap a various points through rev range etc if it makes sense

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good luck dude, let me know how u get on
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get it back to regal mate.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    regal didnt do it my man

tried just the air flow meter and went for a blast, felt better, possible p&a claim this week on that then

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    p0170 when it came up on my car ended up being the o2 sensor in exhaust the second one, but it can also point to the airflow meter which you are already trying. pm hott4u on here with the blue gsi, he had a similar problem and might be able to help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My VXR AFM actually popped on the way home from Regal mate and was crap after, I unplugged it though and was way better..

You sure your plugs or coil pack haven't had it as they'll cause emissons / mixture problems, and that'd explain why it's got worse as it seems to have been an issue for a while from the sound of it?

P0170 Fuel Trim Malfunction (Bank 1)

Seems to be a big issue with EDS mapped cars bud >> http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/se...archid=3227258
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ermmm plugs are fine, not right old, might try a coil pack, was going to yesterday mind lol, should of!!!

seemed better with newer afm, unless it was all in my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast