Thread: sports button prob

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sports button prob

hey lads, i have a 1.8 mk5 automatic, but when i press the sports button the gear ratio and revs change. as per normal, acceleration seems a bit better aswell but when i hit about 60+ and take the sports button off teh car accelerates faster. this a comon or is it a problem?
    1.8! Auto 05 MK5

Status
    Mentioned in
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    The sport button should make it so you dont have to put your foot as far down on the accelerator to get to the same speed.

In my car, kept foot the same, put sport mode on, and increased by like 2mph lol.

Shouldnt be accelerating faster without the button down tho!

Status
    Scottish RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the sports button does not increase performance it only makes the steering more sportier and so on

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well as i said buddie on an automatic astra, the gear ratio changes, you get higher revs on lower gears aswell, steering changes too. and i accelerates faster. But i dont know why when you take the button off it gets a little bit faster,
    1.8! Auto 05 MK5

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On an auto the sports button raises the shift point, so that if it is appropriate speed wise to shift down a gear it will, but if you maintain that speed will change up again after a few secs.
    It will indeed give better accelration due to swapping engine rpm for wheel power, through torque convertor, it is not unusual to feel a slight surge in speed when turning it off, as valves etc reset, nothing to worry about though.
    tabetha

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 1.9cdti design estate auto jumps down usually 2 gears when i push the sports button and only changes up just shy of the red line even at a steady speed,fun to do 50mph set the cruise control and then push sports button and watch car jump down to 3rd(out of 6 gears) and hold it there,once sports button is pushed off car jumps up to 5th with no surge.