Thread: drivers seat issues

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

drivers seat issues

Hi ive got an astra 1.9 cdti sri 57 plate, ive only had it a month after trading in my 05 plate sxi. Random but the drivers seat creakes all of the time especially when you go rnd a corner or use the clutch or break and put any pressure on the seat. you can even here it over the stereo and after a bit it drives you mad. never got it on my old one, has anyone else come accross this on the astra.

Ive tried moving the seat up and down with the height adjuster and also tryed attacking it with wd40 but it seems to be coming from the plastic around the base of the cusion.

is there anything else i can do, would take it back to the garage but it seems a bit petty, just drives u mad especially being a newer car.

Thanks Darren

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where you from? if your local to the north west bring it to me and i'll fix it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, im in lowestoft in suffolk, nr great yarmouth a fair trip i thk lol. is there anything i can do to it my self?

Darren

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i can talk you through stripping the seat and finding the route course,
    without hearing the noise or having a quick look makes it a little harder, i make the seats for the astra.
    have a look to see if you have anti-rattle wedges fitted,
    sit on the sill facing the seat,
    then in the back corner of the cushion where the top meets the bottom pull back the material and foam and you should see two plastic bits sticking up
    like this, should be like this on both sides(left and right part of the cushion)

if there both there let me know and we can try something else
    you going to pvs?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, yeah it seems to have those. The creaking noise seems to come from the bottom left side of the seat and round to the front. you can stop it by putting pressure on the plastic bead part that goes around the bottom of the cusion. i dont know whether it is kinda rubing on sonthing underneath. it also can be helped by griping the support from the bottom cusion.

You notice it when you pull away and when you go to change gear also when you go around the corner somtimes you hear it. Normally just when the car is moving but you can also get it to do it whilst not running if you push down the cluth and move the left part of the seat.

By the way i didnt realise you made these seats, im quite new to this forum, i do actually need a new cusion cover for the rear seat in this astra as when i got it there was a fag burn in the cover. Is this somthing you can supply at all?

Thanks Darren

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try raising the seat as high as it goes, then near the front you will see the mechanism attack that with wd40,
    move the seat as far forward as you can and try spraying underneath

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate yeah ive just done that and also went out to get a better spray greese but still no joy. I took of the plastic part on the back left hand side, where the top meets the bottom at the back rest and sprayed that. The metal bar at the bottom of the seat cusion kinda rubs up against the metal around that corner bit. kinda still dodgy tho anything else i can try mate?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    take some pictures of where you mean,
    could be the spring in the bottom of the squab(top half of seat)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate sorry late reply, yeah will do once i can get a hold of a camara later or 2mora. i drove it to work at the wkend and it still seems the same even with all that work lol. thanks for your help so far

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi mate this is the best pic i can get but the bead edge under the cussion that you can see runs all the way around the bottom, its the left side that causes the noise. Ive lubricated the left side where the bead edge metal meets the left side back rest join but no difference, cant seem to see underneath but is there anything else it can be rubbing up against on the underneath of the left side of the cussion. If I hold this bead whilst driving it almost stops the noise so it must be somthing to do with this mate.

Darren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast