Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LCD's

Hello

Im currently re-spraying my centre consol - but thats not what this is about. Because im doing it white, i want to change my clock/OBC and climate control lights to blue - may aswell do it as my whole centre consol is off. I dont want to risk damaging my new paint work.

where can i got some lcd bulbs from? How do i change the clock, i heard that there is some orange screen you need to take out? And lastly, can you change the colour of the climate control?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Buddy

Your doing exactly the same as me... except ur a little further than me, I'm waiting for my CC, then I will be spraying it white! I also would like to change the MFD bulbs to white (not blue)

You need to get hold of a clear diffuser, to replace the current orange one

If you but blue bulbs in with the orange diffuser, you can imagine what it will look like, it wont even look blue for a start
    [ My Car ]

You're not here for a long time, You're here for a good time!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you do a search, you will no doubt find the answer
    and no doubt come across a guy called 'oddjob'
    [ My Car ]

You're not here for a long time, You're here for a good time!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm currently doing a climate control unit out of a Corsa C which my daughter has. If the Astra is the same I must say they aren't the easiest to convert, quite special SMDs are used. If however you could send me a pic of the PCB, would need to be closeup and clear, I could advise on what type of SMDs they've used and whether I have those available.

I've no doubt the unit is convertable, the results if they look the same as a Corsa C one is very very nice.

I should finish the Corsa C one soon, Im waiting for some stuff from the USA which will alow me to finish it, when it's done I'll post a pic of it lit up. It's being done with blue screen, white knob surrounds and some buttons blue and some red depending on the symbols
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh BTW in case your interested I have a genuine Irmscher light carbon centre console for sale which is for the climate control version with small MFD (Not the sat nav version)

Looks like this

It's never been fitted, however it does have a couple of spots on the lacquer which look a little milky, no idea why they appeared but thought I'd mention them.

Looking for £50 inc P&P if you know anyone interested. You can just see the dots on the top bar under the hazard switch area.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    I'm currently doing a climate control unit out of a Corsa C which my daughter has. If the Astra is the same I must say they aren't the easiest to convert, quite special SMDs are used. If however you could send me a pic of the PCB, would need to be closeup and clear, I could advise on what type of SMDs they've used and whether I have those available.

I've no doubt the unit is convertable, the results if they look the same as a Corsa C one is very very nice.

I should finish the Corsa C one soon, Im waiting for some stuff from the USA which will alow me to finish it, when it's done I'll post a pic of it lit up. It's being done with blue screen, white knob surrounds and some buttons blue and some red depending on the symbols
    Not as simple as i had hoped. Im prob gonna have to wait a little bit then got a few things coming up. i was hoping to get it all done by this weekend. I think i thought it would be as easy as the dash for some reason!

But ill look for you when i get round to it. Thanks a lot!!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ohhh, is changing the clock from orange to blue not as easy as just changing the bulb? do you have to remove a screen also?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraWithBass View Post
    ohhh, is changing the clock from orange to blue not as easy as just changing the bulb? do you have to remove a screen also?
    No. Answered your question in another thread.