Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Pre PVS Detail, 4 days so far!!!! (full write up)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking My Pre PVS Detail, 4 days so far!!!! (full write up)

well with pvs coming up fast thought it was about time i got my coupe sorted. so as can be seen in this thread here it was foamed twice and rinsed, then shampooed with CG Maxi Suds and rinsed down again. dried with a race valeting drying towel and CG Miracle drier. Onto the clay next and i used some Megs Grey Clay and maxi suds/ro water mix as a lube.

Bulk of the work to do was to polish as i have never polished it in the 10months i have owned it due to waiting for the chance to get a machine on it. So first was 3M Fast Cut Plus on a cutting pad to remove as much of the swirling as poss and as fast as possible as time was tight only having a day to complete it. To refine the finish using the g220 again with a polishing pad, used 3M Ultrafina. Headlights were also polished, tried Sonus SFX3 but not much was changing so was also worked the same as the paint with Fast Cut Plus on a cutting pad and then Ultrafina and a polishing pad to refine.

Time was getting on now as had 2hrs without power due to a power cut, so even though light was starting to go it was time to Glaze. Glaze used was Clearkote Red Moose Glaze which i have never used before and was very impressed with. went on and buffed of really easily and also gave a good wetness to the finish.

Now with the light going fast time to apply the LSP. 1Z Hartglanz (Glanz Wax) sealant was applied. This must be the easiest LSP to apply. Its a clear fluid and its just a case of wipe it on with a pad. It was applied to the whole car including headlights and rear clusters. Left to cure for about 20mins till a grey haze appeared and then buffed off. All plastic trim was dressed with Megs Gold Class Trim Detailer, glass cleaned with Megs Glass Cleaner and exhaust polished with Autosol.

Total time taken was about 8hrs.

after having a half day at work today i thought it would be rude not to carry on lol. so rinsed down with a hose and then washed with the 2BM using Maxi Suds and rinsed off. Dried using CG Miracle Drier and QD'd using Megs Speed Detailer. Another layer of 1Z Hartglanz was applied to layer up some protection. Will be applying 1 or 2 more coats before i go onto wax. Final wipe down with Megs Speed Detailer then windows cleaned with Megs Glass Cleaner and tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

Time taken today 2hrs.

Total time 10hrs

now some pics of how its looking now (sorry about quality as camera is old and im in no way a photographer)

Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's not a roof, that's a mirror!! Stop cheating!!

Seriously, looks absolutely amazing!
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    looks awesome mate, great finish achieved with it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers guys. Id love to try some Dodo Blue Velvet on it (hint hint buckle lol). Only got P21s left, its good for looks but not durability.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did mine last week, but I think it's going to need another bash before PVS :-(
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bloody hell, that is very shiney! And that roof looks amazing.

Good work there mate.
    GSi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow...that is awesome...i wish i knew how to do stuff like this, i dont mind spending the time on it, but just now sure what order to do stuff in, and i aint got a machine polish :-(
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totally stunning! Jx

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow that does look good
    never drink and drive .you might spill your drink
    **** n/a turbo is the way

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks awsome ben,cant beat shiny europa blue on a summers eve!lol.
    Nice depth and shine aswell.im not looking forward to my pvs detail its getting nearer.
    Europa blue turbo,the best colour by far!
    My auto-biography here- http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=157301

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast