AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter

Rant time!!! Insurance renewal!

rant time!!! sorry, gotta be said

insurance is due for renewal on the 1st june, been looking around for quotes, and not having much luck. passed my IAM test back in july last year so have decided i want to use this for obtaining a discount.

emailed IAM to find out they use IAM Surety as a way of giving a discount. called their customer helpline to be told they only insure over 21's for being able to obtain a discount! went back to original email from IAM with the details of the surety scheme, and replied asking if there are any other companies who will recognise it, their response:

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']I am so sorry but we do not have any insurance companies that will give insurance cover for people under 21.

[/FONT]
    this is rather annoying for me being only 20, and not being able to use the pass to its full ability!

the thing that annoys me is that they advertise the scheme to young drivers and offer a discount to encourage them to do the scheme, but... they will not recognise it in terms of offering insurance discounts!

arghhhhhh! i have got this pass and cannot use it to its full potential!

Rant over!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Comsole yourself with the knowledge that you are a safer, better driver.
    Also remember most IAM people etc are much older, so technically you are a 'young driver'

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol thats 2 of us having a bad day for insurance then ive just put a rant up
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    its just annoying that the advertise the course, and try to aim it at younger drivers, but do not make you aware that you cannot use it for insurance discounts until you are past 21!

yes, it probably has made me a better driver, but still, standards do slip! i would be the first to admit my driving is not what it was when i passed my l-test 2 and a half years ago, nor when i passed my IAMs test last year!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall