Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Xenon Fuse Problem

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Mr Sexman's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Xenon Fuse Problem

    Right, a fuse went on my drivers side head light, now i changed the fuse for another 15amp, it worked fine for about a min then blew.
    so i tried again and it did the same thing

    Now i have noticed a little mist inside my headlight.

    Could water have ******* the ballast unit thus keeping it blowing fuse

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Mr Sexman's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can any1 help

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Autosparks's Avatar
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Location
    N/W London
    Posts
    39,743
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    It could well have. Unplug the ballest and replace the fuse incase the wiring is shorting out
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason





  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Mr Sexman's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    It could well have. Unplug the ballest and replace the fuse incase the wiring is shorting out
    ive changed the fuse and tried 3 other bulbs and it still doesnt work. so i think the ballast has died!

    gunna have to order a new 1

    any1 know vx part numbe for one

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    balfour1984's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey there. i had the same problem with a gsi i was fixing and water was getting into the ballast from a hole at the connection. when i opened the ballast it was totally corroded.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Mr Sexman's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by balfour1984 View Post
    hey there. i had the same problem with a gsi i was fixing and water was getting into the ballast from a hole at the connection. when i opened the ballast it was totally corroded.
    i think this has happened to mine, ive ordered a replacement ballast unit, i pick it up later today!

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    luke01's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had this exact same problem twice. more than likely will be the ballast will have have corroded with water. not cheap are they those ballasts!

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    resu's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,729
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the same thing happened to mine HIDs when i was fitting them .. turned out it had shorted out... with the fuse replaced it still wouldnt work.
    Then i found out you can reset them somehow .. did thta and (touch wood) havent had any more problems

    Also the same thing happened to my mates CTR ... he got pissed off and replaced the lot ... then tried them a few days later and the pair worked perfectly .. he wasnt best pleased

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Mr Sexman's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luke01 View Post
    had this exact same problem twice. more than likely will be the ballast will have have corroded with water. not cheap are they those ballasts!
    tell me about it, i picked mine up today, 180quid lol

    Quote Originally Posted by resu View Post
    the same thing happened to mine HIDs when i was fitting them .. turned out it had shorted out... with the fuse replaced it still wouldnt work.
    Then i found out you can reset them somehow .. did thta and (touch wood) havent had any more problems

    Also the same thing happened to my mates CTR ... he got pissed off and replaced the lot ... then tried them a few days later and the pair worked perfectly .. he wasnt best pleased
    reset?

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Rich Gsi Turbo's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N.wales
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id also like to hear more about this reset. I had same problem and it blew my 2nd ballast now- havnt bothered 2 take everything off to get to it tho- would it be possible to drill bottom of light unit so that water could exit that way, and then silicone the electircal plug so that no water could get in

Similar Threads

  1. Xenon problem
    By Roel_tje in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15-08-2008, 00:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •