Thread: The Nicolas Hewiit (smithy) Scammer

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Nicolas Hewiit (smithy) Scammer

Ok, anybody who was scammed on here by NICOLAS HEWIIT AKA smithy needs to be aware of this situation!

I myself was scammed out of £150 by this person, today a police officer arrived at my house asking me to sign a statement declaring that i was withdrawing my original statement from the case against said person. This came about because i am not able to appear in court on the day he is due to be prosecuted. If i had not withdrawn my statement the court would have prosecuted me for failure to appear at court after being summonds to appear as a witness for the prosecutuion!
    Basically this means that anyone else who left a statement against NICOLAS HEWIIT WHO IS NOT PREPARED TO GO TO DERBYSHIRE AND APPEAR IN COURT TO BACK THEIR STATEMENT UP WILL BE TOLD TO WITHDRAW THEIR STATEMENT OR BE PROSECUTED BY THE COURT FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR!
    This is a complete joke as all my evidence was straight forward and clear and they have a good case against him.
    Now as far as getting any money back you stand little or no chance of that and agin it seems that he is free to do whatever scams he feels he wants to and the police can do nothing.

Regards

DAVID
    DKBSAXON

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when were you scammed? Is this the DPAuto's guy???

I never produced a statement but heard a few people did...
    Astra Cabby Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is how law works in this country. To be proven guilty in a criminal you must be proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. A statement alone would never be good enough, the judge needs to at least confirm everything in the statement is correct. At the time of given the statement you would have been asked if you could go to court? There is absolutely no point in forcing you to court as you'd be a hostile witness and useless as prosecution witness so there is no other option but to drop the case. Ideally though, they should have been in contact to establish when you would not be available.

I'd argue that you should have gone to court if you could (unless it's a holiday or something). You get expenses. Oh well though, your decision, the guy just goes free now. As for anyone else, do try to get there if at all possible. It sounds like the whole lot will be dropped on its arse though.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How did you get scammed?
    Did you pay for something through paypal? and him not give you the item?
    [ My Car ]

You're not here for a long time, You're here for a good time!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He scammed alot of people on this site! He offered a part i needed, i had an ad in the wanted section, shortly after this incident MATG put the page together you arrive at before you get the classified section. As for me i paid into his account which is how they found him in the end, he had all the details of the people he had scammed from this site in the paperwork they found at his address, d'oh!

DAVID

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i got done for £25 by this knob!

Turned out his gf was also in on the scam and cash was going into her account also.

I havent heard anything since i last spoke to the Police. Might give the PC a ring tomorrow and see what she knows!?
    Bass, the final frontier

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    shit man....people like this give online trading a bad name. makes me worried who's on the other end when usually it's a genuine sale! i hope the ******* gets his balls cut off!
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He's a tossed out of orders
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.