Thread: binncle plastic replacement

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

binncle plastic replacement

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a new clear plastic binnicle panel as mine is scratched?

DAVID

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes you can buy one but in my country is very expensive. Opel wanted 50 Euro's 4 years ago...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Petrol or diesel clocks? The reason I ask is that I'm selling a new set of clocks to a member who fried his old ones. If the glass off the old set is good he may be interested in selling just the glass as lets face it the rest is junk so he may as well.
    He had 160 white clocks with the brushed alloy look rings around the clocks and the gunmetal facia. Members name is Spidercoupe, PM him and see if he wants to sell some parts, you never know it may be worth it.

BTW petrol clocks use a different glass to some diesels and the single speedo (no rev counter) is different as well.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oddjob,
    My van is a 1.6 auto petrol, i only need the binnicle plastic front same as all the other astra g's, thanks

DAVID

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkbsaxon View Post
    Oddjob,
    My van is a 1.6 auto petrol, i only need the binnicle plastic front same as all the other astra g's, thanks

DAVID
    I do a lot of speedo conversion David and I can say from experience that there are at least 2 types of glass fronts out there. Whilst they look the same the clips are located in different places. It surprised me the first time I spotted one but by that time I had about 6 sets of clocks in bits and I couldn't remember which glass came off which speedo.

I've only seen this type of glass a couple of times out of about 20 speedos and your right in that the vast majority are the same type, just thought I'd point that out.

Spidercoupe has a glass but it has a crack around the trip meter resetting pin. May not be what your looking for.

I'm not sure if I have a good glass myself as a few I get are broken anyway. They do appear on E-Bay every now and then though, maybe keep an eye out on there.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i do have one and the white dial mat and the needles and the surround (gun metal colour i think) how are those dials getting on Ken??
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spidercoupe View Post
    i do have one and the white dial mat and the needles and the surround (gun metal colour i think) how are those dials getting on Ken??
    Done. I'm just on my way out to post them off.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    excellent. your a diamond, thanks again mate.
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs