Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clutch problems with tuning box

hi people
    I was wondering if there has been much problems with clutches on the 150 cdti astra, after re-mapping or tuning box-ing them, a friend of mine says on the 1.9 diesel from the vw/audi group once they go over 300ft/lb torque the eat clutches and knacker fly wheels for fun, just wondering if the standard clutch on astra can take them torque figures, as i am after purchasing a tuning box.
    cheers guys
    ASTRA SPORT HATCH SRI CDTI 150 XP BLACK

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 1.9 on the VAG is only putting out 130bhp as standard, and with a map they do eat the clutch/flywheel.

People run tuning boxes on the Astra's fine, you just need to treat the car with respect, and not rag the nuts off it in 1st or 2nd gear, as the tuning boxes don't allow the torque limiter to function correctly.

I've had my tuning box on the Vectra for almost a year, and the previous owner had one fitted as well, and no issues yet.
    Many members on AON have been running them for 30k miles plus, with no issues.

Sachs sell an update clutch for the Z19DTH engine, which is capable of taking a load more toqrue, but there is still no alternative to the DMF (which can go on a totally standard car anyway, it's just exaggerated with a tuning box/map)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers matt,
    I had a look through this section and didnt notice anyone complaining about them eating clutches for fun. My mate was saying it was in the higher gears when under load they was slipping. should be ok with a 11k astra then hey.
    ASTRA SPORT HATCH SRI CDTI 150 XP BLACK

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is on 47k miles and having no issues (touch wood) with the clutch running a DTUK eco3 box.