im no expert on painting and prepping and all that but ive wanted to make my interior more unique and with having a red car it only made sense to go for the flame red interior, so a trip to halfords and £24.49 later i had, grey plastic primer, clear laqcuer, "vauxhall flame red" spray paint and, 240,600,800 wet and dry paper. now before i continue everyone has to understand im very impatient lol and can sit and wait for something to dry but i tried my best, but anyways on with the centre console.
first i washed it with warm soapr water, dried it off and began flattening the plastic with the 240 paper, i tried my best by removing all the grain but to be perfectly honest i got bored, but that doesnt mean iv done a cack job because it was smoothed as the guide on here instructed. so once everything was smooth i dried it with a towel and hairdryer and let it dry naturally for a while.
EDIT: go to page 3 to see the smaller pics.
started off with a few layers of primer.
then slowly built it up
then left that to dry for a while then came the fun part. PAINTING.
then once i was happy with the paintjob i set about using the laqcuer and boy did give off some right fumes. heres a pic with a few layers of laqcuer, not to be boasting but im really proud of the way it turned out i just hope it doesnt peel off like some others have done,
ill post more pics up when its 100% finished and fitted. hope you enjoy feel free to comment good or bad lol