Thread: Reasonable Price For Milltek?????

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reasonable Price For Milltek?????

hi, im looking to have the full milltek exhaust system fitted at a company in essex called AMD Technik, they have quoted me £1065 to supply and fit it, is this a reasonable price? Also is it worth it, lol.

Thanks guys

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate.

The gains you'll get will completely depend on your engine, i'm guessing its a 2.0L turbo so the kit will be the precat, sports cat, centre section and back box. In which case the price isn't too bad, you'd prob save yourself around a ton if you fitted yourself (Which isn't hard with a set of axle stands...). With the turbo you'll see better gains than to a N/A model but as to whether or not its worth it is completely up to you... Can you warrant spending a grand on it? Have you got future mods lined up? IMHO for now go with the precat replacement and cat back as that will save you roughly £500 and then if you feel the need get the sports cat too...

HTH, Nick

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    Astra SRI-T
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As said above I've personally gone for pieces and am building the system bit by bit. I've got the milltek resonated cat back and it sounds nice. Next step is the precat and then finally sports cat. If you've got £1K and are willing to spend it on your exhaust then thats a good price fitted. But as said above, a set of axle stands and it can be done in a few hours