Thread: Challenge "market value" estimation - how to?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Challenge "market value" estimation - how to?

To cut it short, I had until a month ago, a tidy and well looked after Astra Merit 1.6 Auto (P reg MK3) with 117k on the clocks. No rust, few minor touched in scratches, even the original wheeltrims and heatgunned "fresh" bumpers..totally stock, and carefully maintained and home serviced.

Then some TIT accellerated into the boot, stoving it in and twisting the chassis. Gutting is not the word. It's a total loss.

Admiral have said they'll give me £400 for it. It's been suggested I should challenge this and point out the vehicle condition, the level of care it had, the fact that it had about £38 worth of fuel in the tank, and so on.

My question is, how would you go about it? I know it was an "old banger", but it was tidy and much-loved.

I've got a MK4 Club Auto 1.6 now..it's nice, I suppose...but I much preferred my MK3!

2000 Z16SE Automatic Astra-G, bog standard. Last owned a '97 X16SZR Auto Astra-F, sadly missed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Find a few examples of the same car as what it costs to replace like for like
    i refused two offers but i have read if you refuse more than 3 offers they dont offer again

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

As said look through Auto Trader for example and see if you can get examples of what is selling and at what price and state yours was in better / same condition etc.
    Also do you have any receipts for services / MOT / Parts brought to show the Insurer?

Also see if you have any recent pictures of the car showing the condition it was in.

Mainly talk to the Claims Department and explain to them why you feel it is worth more then the offer.

Dan.