Thread: Emos and Goths

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Emos and Goths

I'm doing a little bit of research for a study I'm doing. This is as good a place to start as any.

Do we have any on here?

(I use the term 'goth' lightly as most people who think they're Goth aren't)

What makes you be the way you are? Describe yourself!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm neither but i do like my metal/punk/rock/alt music, but in the same hand i do enjoy some of the more 'pop rock' that gets played on the radio when i'm at work.

I don't dress in any specific kind of way, just jeans,t-shirts and trainers on nights and weekends but i know some people would look at me and say i dress like a skater.

HTH if not, i'm sorry
    Astra 1.8 16v Sport
    Needed : Front Splitter PM if you've got one spare

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm neither

Emo - Is short for Emotional
    Gothic - Is a lot like old fashioned crosses and religous things

Both wear black atire, make up, long hair, chains... listen to rock music
    I don't dislike them, but I find it hard to understand how they can wear all them dark clothes and hoodys in the hot summer weather... must be 100 degrees!
    [ My Car ]

You're not here for a long time, You're here for a good time!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't class myself as anything, I like all music but some people call me metalhead or skater. Big into my metal and prog metal lately, but clothes wise for me is usually 3/4s, jeans (blue/black/camo), shirts of all colours (except pink, yellow, purple) mostly from Animal and sports world (cheap clothes, no fear and some branded etc.) and skate shoes as they are the only ones I find comfortable. Having size 12-13 feet that are wide, trainers just don't fit me right

How much detail do you want to go into on your study? Personality, hobbies?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was never a goth my self, I was a skater but I knew/still know alot of goths.

Any questions just send me a PM on msn mate

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just interested to hear peoples thoughts on them and, if they are one of the aforementioned group members, why they are and who they feel other people perceive them.

It's interesting that this has already turned into a discussion about clothes and music

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im none a couple of my old best mates turned into them though and they are to this day still goths, they dont care what people think of them tho i think its alittle odd myself no effense its just not me, im not against them just think you cant look at the world being so dark all the time.. i love colour! they die there hair mainly black with bright colours added at times, black make up, my old friends were into paganisium etc.. metal music.. black clothes its just alittle odd but admire there abilitey to not care what others think of them and there confidense in who they want to be in life being judged by people nearly everyday
    Drives a Arden blue zafi gsi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm neither but my brother has a little emo about him.
    To be honest with him i think it was about fitting in with his student mates. He never bothered about music or the latest fasions until he started hanging around with them. Now he has an emo hair style, really tight jeans and always has his music on loud!!

He's a pest now so if your study works out how to kill them please let me know lol!!
    ASTRA SRi 2.2

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 350z View Post
    Emo - Is short for Emotional
    Gothic - Is a lot like old fashioned crosses and religous things

Both wear black atire, make up, long hair, chains... listen to rock music
    I don't dislike them, but I find it hard to understand how they can wear all them dark clothes and hoodys in the hot summer weather... must be 100 degrees!
    i more or less agree with this comment.
    alot of people say emos are failed goths, lol.

'Goth's is just a general term used, if you really look into it, there is more than one type of Goth,for example a Cyber Goth, which would usualy have bright colours mixed in with their black hair, ie yellow,blue,purple.

Women usualy wear long black skirts, what trail about 2foot behind or very short skirts (this factor depends on the 'size' of the person), with fishnets on. Both wearing New Rock boots.

Men wear big black trousers with a million pockets, accomplied by chains, and New Rocks to match. Goths tend to wear t-shirts with dragons and wizards, where as a metalhead/mosher usualy wear band t's.

my first ever gf was a goth ,but i used to dress heavily as metalhead/mosher, so we kind of matched lol. but the way i dress now would be described as a skater.

i cant really comment on emo, but they tend to wear 'skinny' jeans with converse type trainers,usualy wear a very tight t-shirt, have there boxers on show(if your a male) and also show of your new shiny studded belt.

same goes for females,usualy skinny jeans, but tend to wear pump style shoes, stars and leopard skin are popular designs .

HTH's a little
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To quote ryan astra...

i cant really comment on emo, but they tend to wear 'skinny' jeans with converse type trainers,usualy wear a very tight t-shirt, have there boxers on shoe(if your a male) and also show of your new shiny studded belt.

Sounds just like my bro lol!!!
    ASTRA SRi 2.2

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast