Thread: Ricks SXi In Progress!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ricks SXi In Progress!!

Well I'll start with showing my failed 1st project which was also a Mk4 Astra but was a 1.4 16v

Bought the car in 2007 as I was driving home the engine blew... Joooy! Fitted a new engine same size etc and started to modify it, just a few pics to start with of that car..

Not the most amazing as you can see

Now, lets get onto the present....

Started off like this..

Sorry about the small picture

Next, my friend took off those stupid Blue flames and gave it a valet, whilst I fitted a badgeless grille..

Looking good after a good valet!

Next I thought I'd make a change with the alloys! So I had them sprayed up in black.. this was the outcome

Apart from the blurry picture they looked pretty good!

So I sprayed the drums to make it look a bit more different!

Again, quite impressed... but as you can see the paintjob my friend did wasn't really the best as it started peeling off around the edges, so it was fair to say he owed me a few pints!!

Then, I spotted these!!!

A few VFT wheel bolts later...

Not bad.. still the Vauxhall badge there that is bothering me! lol

That was it for a few weeks.. until the postman brought me some more goodies!

Rear Lexus Lights

Tried to de-badge the car.... still a bit of sticky residue there.. have to get Tim to valet the car again!

At this point the engine started to burn a HELL OF A LOT OF OIL alarm bells rang!

Fortunately I got an engine on the weekend for £200 and fitted it the same weekend! working from 7am-11-30pm each day however

Time for a few small modifications..

Carbon Fibre masks and M3 mirrors sounds pretty sweet.. and so on they went

I then came across the wonderful invention of chrome!!! and irmscher!!

So I swapped to chrome mirrors and bought an irmscher grille and front and back irmscher number plate surrounds.. starting to think I need angel eyes instead..

Fitted an Irmscher backbox and got rid of the Remus last week, still need to get rid of the sticky residue off badges... Any tips? lol

Then I picked up this Viper induction kit which added a bit of power to her!

Just need to spray up the engine cover now and put it back on,

Oh, also sprayed up centre console in orange... Not too keen myself!

Next upgrade which I should be fitting when I get back from Magaluf!!! Will be these................

Chrome Team Dynamic 17's!

Anyway see you all again on the 23rd for another update!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE: Still in magaluf but got the chrome rims on before I went they look amaazin! Will post pics up when I get back!