Thread: Reducing Rattle of Boot Lid ?!?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reducing Rattle of Boot Lid ?!?

ive mentioned this before but now am serious about it.
    the rattle of my boot is just too much to bear now with the subwoofer pumping. if i open the boot lid it is fine as soon as i close it the noise is so loud it kills off all the music....inside the car however is fine.!

is dynamat the only solution to this? and ne1 know how to do it on the astra g hatchbak? its the lid mainly that wil hve to be done im guessing?

cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check its not your number plate rattling, if it is stick it down with those numberplate pads.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive made sure of that....padded and stuck down the whole plate.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do you know whats causing the rattle? might just be somethin small like the wiper motor not properly tightend.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have no idea whats causing the rattle...all i kno is that theres hardly any when the lid is open and as soon as i close it all hell breaks loose! lol so im guessing its the inside of the lid...how do i access the wiper motor that you mention?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had that on my coupe really annoying inside sounds sweet and then outside sounds like a can of nails found out it was the numberplate and the bootlid springs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get in the boot with the volume up to work out where the rattle is coming from, to get to the wiper motor you have to take off the rear trim panel

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok...bootlid springs...how do i get access to that? the same way as the wiper motor?

taking the trim off the lid....is it jus the torx screws...im guessing it will just clip out once the screws r out. is it just the black part that comes off or the whole trim leading up the to centre brake light? dnt want to break anything lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hya Mate.TBH Dynamat is expensive for what it is.I use Flashband which is like led flashing on a roll and it is awesome.Its about £18 for a roll from B&Q or Wickes.I use it on all the cars i do.I used it on a saxo today and it made loads of difference.I used it on my punto when i was competing with it and i gained 2 decibels just from doing the front doors.I would highly recommend it.

The trims are easy enough to take off if you are careful.You can either use one layer or two layers of sound deadening.You just stick it on and heat it up a bit.simple as that.lol.If you need anymore info just drop me a pm
    Astra 2.0 Sri Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rytt...i have taken the trim off the boot lid and the trim behind the bumper. nothing seems to be loose in the boot lid apart frm a hook connected to the wiper motor...but im not sure if anything can be done to that? the main source of rattle is the actuall handles for the boot as when i apply pressure to that area it does decrease a certain amount.

i have noticed that there are many gaps in the metal of the boot lid...would i sound proof around the gaps or over them ie covering all the wires? never done it before you see lol. or could i jus apply the proofing to the trim itself and put it back on?

ive got 2 rolls of dynamat extreme lying around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast