Thread: Brake Ducts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brake Ducts

Im going to be fiting my 308 brakes soon and also fit the brake ducts that fit to the wishbone, but ive also seen you can get the auxiliary ones that are fitted to the coupe turbo which you need the splitter from and the ducts, is it also worth doing this and what sort of cost would it be for the bits from vauxhall?

I have these part numbers if its any use

LEFT - 9201443
    RIGHT - 9201444
    Brake ducts
    LEFT - 9201447
    RIGHT - 9201448

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have any experience or recommendations? Cheers.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The coupe splitter with the holes (turbo spec) in are around £40+ per side from a dealer

not sure what the other bits are...whack them in the search

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    The coupe splitter with the holes (turbo spec) in are around £40+ per side from a dealer

not sure what the other bits are...whack them in the search
    Cheer geoff, the main thing is though are they worth doing, from what i can see the normal brake ducts are worth doing but not sure about the additional ones, i know you have both done, did you fit them at the same time or have you done any comparison with them.

Cheers.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Erm pass

All they'll do is help prevent fade by getting more air to the brakes and keep them cooler, they are not really gonna increase braking under 'normal conditions'... and TBH if you're getting fade on a road car you're either driving like a dufus, or have a shit choice of pads/discs.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Erm pass

All they'll do is help prevent fade by getting more air to the brakes and keep them cooler, they are not really gonna increase braking under 'normal conditions'... and TBH if you're getting fade on a road car you're either driving like a dufus, or have a shit choice of pads/discs.
    Im not really suffering from fade, i just like to do things over the top, just so i know its there (yes i like wasting money on stuff i don't use). Only time i find my brakes aren't working right is when my mates are in the car as we are all pretty heavy 16 stone+ so braking can be a bit poor at times under normal conditions so i wouldnt like to test them in an emergency situation.

Currently running cheap discs and pads from a local brakes place and as said they work fine unless the car is loaded up which it rarely is.

If it was only gonna cost me something stupid like £20 to do the turbo ducts then i would have, but at £40 each just for the splitter and then the ducts on top of that i think ill just stay with the other ones Cheers for the advice.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In your case you'd be better off improving the disc pad set up rather than sticking bits of plastic on the wishbones

if you've got 5stud hubs, it might be worth considering going for 308 discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In your case you'd be better off improving the disc pad set up rather than sticking bits of plastic on the wishbones

if you've got 5stud hubs, it might be worth considering going for 308 discs
    Getting that done soon (read original post all mighty geoff ) this was something i was going to do at the same time, not going for anything special, just some cheap (mtec) 308MM drilled and grooved discs with GM pads, was considering something like green stuff but they are about £60 which I don't think i will benefit from much, also been told the GM pads are pretty good value for money and hopefull be better than the cheap ones i have on now.

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GM turbo spec pads are very good for OE pads and with the 308's will make a vast difference... see how you get on with those and if you feel you want to try the wishbone deflectors you can fit those in about 2 mins (literally) without jacking the car up

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, i didn't realise there were turbo spec and standard pads from GM, will have to look into this, if there isn't much price difference then ill go for the turbo spec ones, ill get the deflectors anyway since ill be at vauxhall and don't get many chances to get up there with the hours im working, they are only £15 or so plus the vat anyway i think, ill have to try and phone them tomorow. Cheers geoff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast