Thread: What recommendations for a 130,000 mile ZLET?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What recommendations for a 130,000 mile ZLET?

Hi guys, I recall reading a post ages ago (can't remember which forum) which suggested changing bits and bobs on the ZLET engine as they get older to keep them performing well.

One of the things mentioend IIRC was some valve controlling turbo boost?

Well my ZLET is on 130000 miles now, and apart from usual servicing and the occasional need to change the AFM, it's had a new turbo (at 90k) and new clutch (at 110k), and new rocker gasket & breather pipe at last service 10k ago.

I have noticed that performance seems to be not quite what it was - still performs well, and pulls cleanly, but just seems to have lost a bit of the oomph and mid-range torque it used to have.

The only "mod"on the car is a courteney panel filter.

So I'm wondering what you guys recommend to recapture some of the lost performance. What are the valves I read about (but can't find any info on now) - and anything else I should be thinking about?

Much appreciate any replies.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    probably the boost control solinoids? Not much point changing them IMO unless you are having running problems and eratic boost.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers - that rings a bell. Well the boost can be a bit odd now and again, especially sometimes when a quick ease off of the throttle mid boost can sometimes (not always) cause a slight stutter.

Anything else to suggest?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i reckon you have 1 of the highest milage zlet's around so well done, my recomendation is to buy my zlet engine i have for sale as it been fully rebuilt,i would of thought it is in need if a de coke valve stem oil seals as they must be getting a bit tired by now and when i stripped out the bottom end on my old let engine the piston rings were so coked up
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque