Thread: Remote Start

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remote Start

Hey guys just new to the forum and firstly id like to say what a great forum it is!!

ok to the point, im wanting to install a new alarm system with remote start, (E.G the car starts by pressing a button on the alarms key fob) on my 53 reg astra SXI.

whilst thinking about it, i got to thinking how would i bypass the engine imobiliser without actually leaving the Key in the ignition thus defeating the object of having a remort start function, and needless to say making my car more appealing to theifs by seeing my key left in the ignition. any ideas from anyone who has one of these systems installed that could give me some pointers would be much appreciated.

ill appologise in advance if this has already been asked and answered but i did search in here but couldnt find anything that matched.

Thanks

Jay

Status
    Club Team
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome and we do try

you need to remove the transponder chip from the key and glue it to the ring under thr steering couling that picks up the signal also need to remove the one from the spare key and keep safe as this will not wok if left in

i would advise you get a qualiied clifford alarm instaler to do tjis as its not as eaisy as it seems and then if the car is broke3n in to whilst running with no keys the black jack will stop the thives

oh and dont tell your insurance
    Arden Blue Zafira Gsi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you got an alarm sorted look on www.in-car-stuff.co.uk i know the guy quite well and will give him a call and see if he can sort you some discount.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have remote start in mine and tbh honest i never use it, ive always left my car in gear which makes the car jump foward if you use the remote