Thread: I've got my Collins dump valve

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got my Collins dump valve

Arrived this morning and was shocked by how much larger it is than the bailey's lol, for a sec didn't think it would fit in the space I have but it did. First impressionswas, very good, handled the boost pressure unlike the Bailey's which leaked all the time. I would reccommend this to anyone who has a Bailey's fitted. The sound is alot different to the bailey's, I have my oe valve blocked with the one way valve so obviously its gonna be louder at the moment but only got the oe blocked as mine is leaking, gonna be replacing that with a Regal Diverter Valve in the near future so I'll post again when both the Collins anf Diverter are running. There is a video on you tube with an astra gsi with Collins, I wouldn't say mine sounds exactly like that but defo better than Bailey's.

Mike

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    random question cos im having a nightmare at the mo with mine - just tried a new setup this mornin but when u fit the 1 way valve which way round does it go?

im gonna try the 1way valve on the OE line and then on the Bailleys line to try n fault find some issues.

just cant work out which way it needs to go.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    suck through the valve, the way that suck through needs to be facing the oe valve, as you dont want a vacuum pulling the valve open

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah as above, I was abit confused at first with it but it is good when you do the mod.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    still confused but ill read it again and try lol

think i got it now - basically the closed end of the valve goes to the bcs or fpr end and the open end faces the dv so that air can pass from the dv but not from the fpr etc

i think i got it lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got mine on the bcs vacuum, there is a piece of pipe near the fpr which has a bigger rubber conecctor over the two pipes, I just cut that and plumbed the one way there if that makes sense.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    lol sorry, suck through the 1way valve to see what way lets you suck, the way that lets you suck needs to be facing towards the OE dumpvalve,
    You dont want the rbcs to suck open the OE valve (this is the operation the 1way valve stop)

any clearer? lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it makes sense now - makes no odds tho - tried it on both the OE and the Baileys and its still chattering so feck knows

gonna forget about it for now as its the least of my concerns - sorry for the hijack

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    i found that when i had my 1way valve in i got loads of chatter so i took it out as it bothered me lol
    i have now done the vac system mod where the rbcs is blocked of to stop the OE dv leaking a partial throttle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rear bcs is now blocked off after this mornings mods and both bailleys and OE are fed from fpr. still chattering as it always has done since the day the vxr turbo and conversion was fitted so feck knows.

next step is EVOMS diverter and then take it from there.... what fun eh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast