Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moving to Hertfordshire....

Hello all....

I've been an AOC member for over 12 months now having originally started with SE region and then moving to Wales last year.... I'm on the move again next week to Hertfordshire to start a new job and will have plenty of free time on my hands in the evenings being new in the area....

If anyone wants to meet up, can recommend good pubs or good driving roads, give me a shout....

Cheers

Davee

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what part you moving to mate /
    Look great on your astra gsi, vectra or Astra mk 5
    Vectra Vxr Style Alloy Wheels

Status
    The Modfather
    Mentioned in
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Add James on Facebook
    Welcome back.

Where abouts are you moving to?
    "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel, is only the train coming to finish you off"

The skunk is not dead, it just has a new smell!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm moving to Watford temporarily until I find something a bit more permanent but working in Kings Langley, thats just down the road from Hemel Hempstead..... Whats the night life like? Is there much to do in the area?

Status
    The Modfather
    Mentioned in
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Add James on Facebook
    Watford has good Night Life. Hemel has a couple of clubs but i have not been to them in years and they have change since i last went.
    Watford is also good for shopping etc..

All the usual things to do cinemas, bowling etc.. Watford also has a Top Golf which is always a giggle.

What sort of interests do you have?
    "Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel, is only the train coming to finish you off"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Watford's a nice enough place, you also have Barnet which is about a 15 min drive
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Watford has good Night Life. Hemel has a couple of clubs but i have not been to them in years and they have change since i last went.
    Watford is also good for shopping etc..

All the usual things to do cinemas, bowling etc.. Watford also has a Top Golf which is always a giggle.

What sort of interests do you have?
    I like a good pub, few pints, the odd mad weekend but the party animal has been tamed a little nowadays.....lol

I like most water sports, white water rafting that sort of thing..... Used to be a skater years ago, MTB etc so I still like the extreme side of things...without breaking bones of course...lol

I adapt to my surroundings I suppose, whatever the mood takes really....

Status
    The Modfather
    Mentioned in
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Add James on Facebook
    Well there is a Go-Ape in Wendover which is 15-20 mins up the road plus the Woods there are great for walks, apparently they are the highest point in Bucks so im told anyway.
    There is a watersports centre in Harefield where you can water ski etc.. plus there are some rapids that i seen some 'extreme' canoers using. Plenty of good pubs in country settings if you dont mind a drive the town centre ones tend to be louder.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    Well there is a Go-Ape in Wendover which is 15-20 mins up the road plus the Woods there are great for walks, apparently they are the highest point in Bucks so im told anyway.
    There is a watersports centre in Harefield where you can water ski etc.. plus there are some rapids that i seen some 'extreme' canoers using. Plenty of good pubs in country settings if you dont mind a drive the town centre ones tend to be louder.
    Cheers for the warm welcome and the info so far by the way.... You've been really helpful

Which pubs/bars would you recommend for a few pints and which ones for an all day/nighter? I'm not an alcy by the way....lol

A lot of my mates are keen Vaux/opel owners and may come down from time to time.... That may also be very helpful to others on here as some of them are car tuners/mechanics and car breakers.....

Have you heard of the 331bhp OPC Astra G estate at MW Performance? Its not a myth....

Where are the usual gathering places for other AOC members in the area, including yourselves?