Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: mate wanting new car! needs help!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question mate wanting new car! needs help!

simple really finally met up with my mate after 6 weeks and he has just been promoted in his job and is going on car finance end of next month been approved for all the cars in the poll and they are all around the same monthly payments having test drove only the civic new shape) and the vxr he aint sure!!lol which would you choose and why??
    before anyone says it he 24 and has no family commitments so mpg and 5 doors and all that stuff dont matter lol at moment he got a audi a4 but hates it and is never having an audi again.

listed above are the cars he looking at.

dont be biased though lol (vxr owners)

ps i said and voted the new civic type r cuz they lush in championship white lol
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Focus ST - Thirsty on fuel and not the best ride. Heavy engine up front makes affects the handling

Astra VXR - Call me biased, but awesome cars. Drive it sensibly with the occasional spanking and you get good mpg. Sport button = fun times

Cupra K1 - Capable cars, but I've never really been 100% on the looks. Look like a people carrier

Golf GTi (new shape) - Not released yet, but the current one is a bit of a let down compared to it's rivals. I mean black plastic bumpers on a car that costs over £20k new!!!!

Civic Type-R - Not as fast as the previous one, and the dash is extremely fussy and cluttered.

Focus RS - rare, fast, good looking, but similarly to the ST, heavy engine up front.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am gunna vote Astra vxr, but if you had put the old shape Type-R then i woulda voted for that, used to have one and if he wants a car to put a serious smile on his face then that will be a sure bet. Handles like a go kart too!
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what did you think the result was going to be..............
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My preference would be in the following order...

1. honda civic type r
    2. Focus ST
    3. astra vxr
    4. leon cupra
    5. golf gti
    6. focus rs

If the golf gti was an anniversary edition it would be further up the list.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My list would be

1. focus ST -one of the best handling hatches available, awsome chassie..enough said!
    2. focus RS old shape - its just so cool and again good handling car tho is dated now compared to newer cars
    3. Leon Cupra - looks pretty good
    4. VW Golf GTI - looks good enough, nice in white, good build quality and will retain its future value no doubt
    5 Honda Civic Type R - looks really cool, nice interior but i beleive the handling lets it down
    6. Astra VXR..the handling lets it down hence reason for it being bottom of my list

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My list:

1. Golf GTI, Reasons: Stylish without being in your face, good residuals, build quality, nice interior, great handling & GTI is the best badge to own (For hot hatches).

2: Focus ST, Reasons: Excellent handling, nice styling especially the facelift model, fantastic chassis, very tunable engine that sounds lovely, modern interior & has been classed as the best hot hatch to own for drivability.

3: Leon Cupra, Reasons: Pretty much the same as the Golf GTI but it's basically a poor mans Golf GTI, yes it has more power but is does that make up for it being a 5dr & playing second fiddle to the Golf GTI?

4: Civic Type-R, Reasons: Very stylish car but it could be a love or hate thing, stunning interior, handling isn't upto the previous marque but still has a good chassis, engine needs revved so if you prefer that over a turbocharged engine then this is for you.

5: Focus RS/Astra VXR, Reasons: I'm putting these two on par because they are both out of date. The Astra VXR is an Astra GSI with a new bodyshell and the RS is the old Focus which is still a very capable car but is showing signs of age especially with it's styling. Vauxhall marketed the VXR as being the worlds greatest hot hatch, it's just a shame it's a pile of sh!te.

PS: How is does an old shape Focus RS have a, "Heavy engine up front"? It's a 2.0litre 16v turbo just like the Astra VXR, Golf GTI & Leon Cupra, at least it comes standard with a Quaife ATB.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Focus RS All the way. Future Classic, in 10 years will have Cosworth esk status!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstring View Post
    what did you think the result was going to be..............
    well just cuz this an astra's club dont mean we cant admit there are better cars out there!!

turbo scott - your comment on the vxr creased me up as this is an astra's forum - fair play for saying what ya think lol
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpburn View Post
    turbo scott - your comment on the vxr creased me up as this is an astra's forum - fair play for saying what ya think lol
    Yeah, but Scott is a focus ST fan.

A for the VXR being a GSI with a different bodyshell, that is the biggest crock o shite ever. Different chassis, suspension, brakes, engine, gearbox...in fact, it's a completely different car. It was never marketed as the greatest hot hatch, it was marketed as the fastest and most powerful in it's class, which was true at the time of it's release.

ATEOTD, everyone has their own preferences. His best bet is to go and drive them, and see which one he likes the most.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast