Thread: proof you should always be nice to coppers!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

proof you should always be nice to coppers!

well i know people have a problem with the police when they pull you over etc but yesterday a policeman could have had my license if he wanted but gave me a harsh telling off instead which believe it or not i believe it has worked better.
    basiccally i was street racing (traffic light grand prix style) in my gf's fiesta st against a celica and an undercover range rover pulled me 2mins down the road so i took out my keys put them on the roof etc (acted really submissive) he said what was i doing to which i replied street racing.
    i fully co-operated with them and kept my license so i reccomend always being polite etc.

to confirm i do not condone street racing i just got a little excited and did it. endd of story i have learnt my lesson as i had done it loads before but never been caught - wake up call.
    ONLY DRIVE AS FAST AS YOUR ANGELS CAN FLY

Status
    South Central RO
    Mentioned in
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    i kept mine last yr after only having my turbo about 3 days ...
    was the second time i took it out and was going down m271 towards
    southampton when i decided to overtake the line of lorries. So looked in
    mirror, nothing there and floored it like i would of done in the **** almera
    i had and before i know it blues & 2s are on and im nicked doing an average of 118mph
    now i held my hands up and explained i have only just got the car and that i was stupid for doing it and took what he had to say.... really not what you need
    day before your 30th but after 25 mins of s***ing me up!! let me go with a warning not even a producer ,but his last words were
    "if your gonna do speeds like that look whos about before hand"

needless to say it made me think...

i have respect for most coppers but then you do get the one that gets off being a ***

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got out of having illegal numberplates twice just by being polite with the copper.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same when i came back from Fareham was going down country roads instead of M4 etc and overtook two cars at well over 90mph+ and then flawed it off, only after i realised there was a police car! seeing him follow mei just pulled straight over rather than risk a chase etc.
    he pulled up beihind me aminute later and just looked there. i Shat myself as it was a ban pretty much, he sat down spoke to me and was just asking where you going, how old are you etc i answered truthfully admitting i was going 'abit wuicker than i should have' and he appreciated it and said thanks for your honesty. then let me off saying he rather see me late than dead!

I have never been so grateful in my life and it slowed me down thats for sure!

Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi (150).
    Tinted Windows, Richbrook Gear Knob & Tax Disc Holder.
    Flip down sunglasses Holder.
    6000K HID's, Chilled Glovebox, CD70 Navi, Debadged, Samco Hoses.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The worst one I had was going up the A1 in my fully signwritten 1.3 Mk 2 astra van.

I was still on main beam and also had 4 spotlights hanging off the front of it (it was like midday in front of me and midnight behind!) - I'd just worked around 22 hours to get a job finished on time, it was about 3am and there was pretty much no traffic about too.

I actually got virtually level with a fully marked up police senator (still on full beam) at approximately 100mph before realising, jamming the brakes on, switching off main beam and pulling in behind him. Funnily enough, he pulled me over. 20 minutes later and with the words "Don't drive like a dick head in my county!" ringing in my ears, off I went up the A1 with no further action taken. The only bad thing was that the managing director was about 10 minutes behind me (it was a really important job, so had come down for the 'handover' even though it was late) and passed me whilst I was pulled over with the jam sandwich !!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the worst thing u can do is get all cocky and act as if u were doing nothing wrong.they pull over cuz ur doing summint wrong so admit it.be friendly and open and just get on there good side.
    it only sucks when u get a grumpy officer
    streetbasser