Thread: result on a fog light culprit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

result on a fog light culprit

was sat at a set of traffic lights last nite when a car came opposite me at the lights, he had his fogs on with sidelights when it wasnt even fully dark or foggy, so i sat there flashing my beams and fogs at him and he finally turned them off, result, does anybody else do that?
    G t c

soon!

kr00zin_uk
    No, because although they shouldn't be used unless it's foggy, fog lights are angled down below dipped beam so they shouldn't dazzle other drivers.

And if some one wants to have their fog lights on, then I let them as it's their life and they aren't hurting any one.

Why potentially cause road rage over something so trivial? Is your life worth it? (They could have potentially been armed with a gun - who knows).

I occasionally use my front fog lights at night time on country roads when it's not foggy, but I do always turn them off when I see car lights on the road ahead out of consideration and respect for other road users.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kr00zin_uk View Post
    No, because although they shouldn't be used unless it's foggy, fog lights are angled down below dipped beam so they shouldn't dazzle other drivers.

And if some one wants to have their fog lights on, then I let them as it's their life and they aren't hurting any one.

Why potentially cause road rage over something so trivial? Is your life worth it? (They could have potentially been armed with a gun - who knows).

I occasionally use my front fog lights at night time on country roads when it's not foggy, but I do always turn them off when I see car lights on the road ahead out of consideration and respect for other road users.
    totally agree. i use my front fogs in the dark on the twisty turny b-roads near the girlfriends in cambridgeshire, does help, but they do go off with the full beam when i see someone coming towards me!

fog lights used to really annoy me, but am learning to get over it, unless its a peugeot. they seem to have the brightest fogs going, they can actually be quite bright and rather annoying if they are coming towards you!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good result tone, this drives me up the wall.....................

I stick my rear fog light on and start braking if there is some one behind me with them on, if they cant see with normal lights then they should not be driving or just stupid!
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    The clue is in their name.

But I use them on my misses car whilst going down country lanes ect but usually only when dark and not following anyone.

As my astra doesn't have fog lights I don't get to use them and I still haven't found a time or place when I need front fog lights on.

Fog lights aren't a replacement for dipped headlights.

Really annoys me when the idiots come up behind me with their fog lights on as going up and down hills/bumps i get an eyeful. So obviously I'm missing something whilst I'm driving so I switch my rear ones on too just in case .
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...its breaking the law??!?

If I see someone on there phone I full beam them...if someone has there fogs on and its not foggy I flash them, couldn't give a shit what happens, but at least they have been made aware that they look like co*cks!

And whilst fogs are designed to look under the fog, the vast majority usually aren't alligned correctly thus dazzling on-comming drivers!

kr00zin_uk
    Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    ...its breaking the law??!?
    Yes, but have you ever thought that maybe it shouldn't be? Just because all laws are there, does not mean that all laws are correct, all the time. If someone broke in to your house, would you hit them? Because if you would, you would be breaking the law by assaulting them! Hit them with an object? And that's attempted murder for you!

Many laws are broken every day and I bet you break quite a few yourself without even knowing it! Some are perfectly acceptable laws like murder, but some are ridiculous like speeding by 1 or 2 mph over the limit, or protecting yourself and your family in your own home and putting your front fogs on when there is no one else around to see them!

Also driving spots are perfectly legal and they are often higher powered and focused for longer range.

Driving with failed bulbs is far more dangerous IMO, than driving with all your bulbs on and working correctly. The amount of cars I have seen than look like motor bikes at night time is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    If I see someone on there phone I full beam them...if someone has there fogs on and its not foggy I flash them, couldn't give a shit what happens, but at least they have been made aware that they look like co*cks!
    Yeah there's nothing like rising above it and being mature is their? It just makes you as bad as them IMO by taking the law into your own hands.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What gets my back up, is drivers who use fog lights when its raining especially around dusk, and dark nights , they dazzle even worst with the wet roads
    Astra twin top (digital green)

kr00zin_uk
    Also what's even worse than using fog lights when they are not needed, is people not using fog lights when they are needed!

You can see some cars clearly and safely in the fog and others you can't see at all until the last minute because the thick as sh1t drivers are oblivious to the road conditions...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A - what fog lights do you look at? mine you can see over a mile away, and dazzle everyone

B - why use them if there's no fog, thats just dumb!

C - where do you live? road rage..... a gun??? I give people the finger all the time, and still yet to be shot at!

Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast