Thread: is this?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is this?

found this prodrive replica rear splitter, dont think its actually the one on the car picture, but it is showing a single exit exhaust on the car, but the actual pic of the splitter, do people think its for the single or twin exhaust as it looks like a slightly bigger gap for the exhaust?? or is it my eyes??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...1%7C240%3A1318

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not the one from the car picture. NGK Tuning have a habit of stealing pictures off of here and watermarking them. That pic was from the AOC stand at billing. Their listing for their mk5 spoilers show pics of 2 members cars, which both have factory fitted spoilers.

For this reason alone, I wouldn't buy from them. Get yourself a decent ABS Plastic replica from LMF
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The important bit is the bracketry and fitting kit - without that even a genuine prodrive one is floppy and very easy to dislodge.

I doubt you'll get anything like that with a replica, which incidentally looks twisted in the photo... not a good place to start from

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok cheers guys, ill prob get the one from lmf or if one pops up in classified, considering the irmscher one too. ta

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey m8 ive just bought one of these of nk tuning and to be honest it isnt that bad ,yeh u dont get any fitting kit but i fitted mine in about 30 mins and it sits fine.definately doesnt look cheap,il try and post some pics later
    #- Astra 1.8 16v SRi -#

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also forgot to say the gap is bigger then the one in the photo but apart from that i would reccomend it,as for quality i bought a irmscher replica front splitter and no one can tell the difference but its up 2 u bud and after 5days it still sits perfet
    #- Astra 1.8 16v SRi -#

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the one i fitted is a genuine one and when you come to fit it the quality shows. The fitting kit is quality and the splitter once one is as solid as a rock. You get full instructions with it too. That replica one is GRP which is essentially fiberglass so i wouldnt reccomend it
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the one i fitted is a genuine one and when you come to fit it the quality shows. The fitting kit is quality and the splitter once one is as solid as a rock. You get full instructions with it too. That replica one is GRP which is essentially fiberglass so i wouldnt reccomend it
    yeh of course the genuine one is 10x better but my front spliittter is fibre glass and has took quite a few knocks and has barely marked it and u cant tell the difference once its primed and painted but different people prefere genuine products but i would reccomend it
    #- Astra 1.8 16v SRi -#

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah get some pics up mate if you can cheers