Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone network issues - anyone help plz?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter

Angry iPhone network issues - anyone help plz?

right, having some problems with my iPhone.

Friday night, was tryna call the g.f, kept losing signal as soon as i tried to call her, the phone sayin called failed to me, although it was connecting and ringing her end - she had 20 missed calls in the end, she was not impressed.

so, didn't use it much at the weekend, came to use it yesterday and got same problem, can't make calls, can't receive em. as soon as i go to make a call, it loses signal.

called iPhone help line, was instructed how to reset network settings. which i did, worked fine for less than an hour. was told if it did it again to go to o2 for a new sim card.

wouldn't work last night, so decided during lunch to pop to o2. got the sim around 12-12:30, told to wait 2 hours for it to register, then try it then. new sim went in bout 10 minutes ago, and still no joy. i called my mobile from the office phone, and it rang, worked. as soon as i returned the call, signal goes, nothing, call failed, back to square 1.

o2 have said that if the sim doesn't work it will need to be sent away - which i am not too happy with that idea.

anyone else had any issues with their iPhones and losing signal? if so, what was the fix? and did it need to be sent off? i know i can go to a genius bar for instant repairs but i cannot get to one easily

HELP!!!!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which version is it mate? 8gb or 16gb?

sounds like a fault with the actual phone,it should still have the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

ive have mine now for a little over 6months and not had one problem with it.

having you tried restoring it using itunes? maybe do a full restore to factory settings.
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    do you need the internet for a full factory restore? i have my g.fs laptop but no internet connection.

its an 8gb on, 3g, only had it since end of february this yr
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have a read here mate, might help a little

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

have you tried making calls with the 3g turned off?

3g can be very on and off, ie network congestion. theres loads about this on the web.

turn 3g off and try it without, and plus it uses a hell of alot of battery lol
    Hey Dick,whats in for the Big Brain Quiz tonight? Certainly Gents, thats 200 quid. WHAT! each! DOUBLE WHAT! Thats abit steep isnt it...? steep...its f-ing verticle!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    can't do a restore til i got to g.f's next weekend, is synced with her laptop, and can only connect to web at hers. have got her laptop but no internet.

could restore on home pc, but will end up with all my dads songs from itunes!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you 'jail broken' it?
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can resync it on another computer mate.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    its not jailbroken

am in the process now of syncing with my home pc, thing is itunes it out of date so having to update that first!

anyway, syncing and restoring with this pc will be my last resort if not it will be bye bye for 2 weeks whilst o2 try and repair it, or give me a new phone.

before people ask, no i cannot make it to a genius bar, they will want the phone left with them and then collected a few days later, this is not a quick fix, its got people in o2 stores stumped and so has people at the call centre o2 use for iphone help. is easy enough for me to wander to my local store nr work during lunch and do it there.

just gotta find an old handset at home which is o2 that i can use for the time being! not having much luck, and refuse to pay a deposit of around £25 to an o2 to hire one of their ancient nokias which is not even worth a fraction of the deposit!

happy days, at the moment, have no phone, so not contactable by work, oh well, if they cared so much they would be giving my new blackberry which will be voice activated!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like what i had when i was with t-mobile. in the end 2g network wouldn't work, so i cancelled contract since i couldn't use the phone
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Or go to an Apple store and get it replaced

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast