Thread: Mikes white 1.4 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mikes white 1.4 16v

Well i had just started to learn to drive and My stepdad to me up to the local auctions to see wot i could get for my money, was mostly looking at clios and 206s but they seemed to go for crazy money. then this white astra caught my eye, had a quick look at it befor it went under the hammer, started at £900...no one bidded so i went for £1000 and got it

got insurance on it and went back up with my stepdad to pick it up the next day

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well 1st thing i done to the car was add a Sony HU, pioneer door speakers 1200watt sub and 6x9s to a 600watt 4channel JBL amp

mounted the amp 2 the back of my seat by gluing abit of mdf to the back of the seat then screwing down into the wood

abit on the messy side but would do for the time being

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had some spare money so got my self a pippercross pannel filter and a new grill off ebay

i derestriced the air box at the same time i put the filter in and i fitted the grill.....while it was snowing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is kinda old news as its all been on the car for a while but my exhast has more wholes in it than a cheese grater so i went on ebay and bought my self a GT3 stright through exhasut and i love it

sounds amazing, pops when i drop gears or if i give it a lil rev abit on the loud side after driving at 70 on the motorway for a while and the noise gets bugging lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Put on a set of Jet 100+ alloys which i think make a huge diffrence 2 how my car looks now. only cost me £440 with tyres

now on to the inside of my car since i was starting 2 go for the whole black and white look i got my self some new gaiters off ebay for a tenner n sum richbroke handles and took a trip 2 halfords to get some plastic primer and white paint

this wasnt as hard as i thought it would be

2nd coat of primer

and what it looks like now love how it looks but iv already scratched the paint twice once taking the headunit out after a fuse blew and i chipped round 1 of the heater controls where i guess i didnt do a good enough job

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    since my in interior was starting to look nice i cleaned as best i could but my front seat didnt clean up anywhere as good as i wanted i felt that this was spoiling my new fresh dash but just lived with it untill my girlfriend complained about it aswell and said my seats where uncomfy soooooo time for new seats. asked on here what seats you guys recommed and mostly got told GSI recaros, 2days l8r i had a full vectra B GSI interior front seats, backs and doorcards

fitting the driver side seat was no bother, took me about 15min to do

the passenger side was a diffrent story. got one screw out which took me 10min alone lol then onto the otherside which chewed up out with the hammer and bigass screw driver. hit some groves in2 the head hoping 2 move it round with no luck. ended up using a grider 2 take the head off the screw and having 2 smash the remain stub of screw with a center punch 2 bend the lugs holding the nut so i cud put in a new 1.

but they are both in now and are soooooo comfy still need 2 wire up the motors for the hight adjustment though as i didnt have the looms

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well my rear shocks started to make some funky sounds when i was turning hard or going over speedbumps... sooooo decided to put some coilovers on

Got them for £155 from tuningleader on the bay only bad point is i didnt get a Cspanner, box had been messed with, guessing by customs....

got started fitting them later that week with the help of one of my best mates, started with the rear end as it was ment 2 be the easyist bit, took us afew hours of messing about though untill we worked out the axle woudlnt drop low enough unless both wheels where off the ground

Old spring n damper out and axle dropped.

new spring, damper and adjuster (wound right down )

Now we moved on to the front, it was about 9pm by the time we started and another mate had came round to help. everything went pretty well apart from getting a fright when taking the 1st shock off lol

dont look at the dirty disk

and the a kind of old VS new

space between the wheel and arch before

after....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well after posting pics of the car up on here most of the comments said to coulor code so i finaly got round 2 starting it got sum bumpstrips and sills for under a tenner

also color coded the inside of my lights :P dont think anyone on AOC has done this before so i dont know how good or bad it will look lol

also hav fogs ready to go on got the new switch n relays from the scrappy for 15 lol

Just testing to see if everything works 1 needs a new buld but switching to white bulds 2 match my headlights

switch.

will post up more pics once i get the side skirts done which right now is taking forever sanding the texture off lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well finaly got all the bumpstrips done and put on the car the amount of dirt behinde them was unreal :O

anyways heres the pics not sure if i like it or not though lol

now i just need 2 hope i done a good enough job sanding them down n spraying them so they dont go all nasty and flake off lol

also finished spraying my lights this morning proper inlove with them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i got bored n decided to clean my engine bay quickly, nowhere near clean enough but its a good improvement from before

Before:

After:

Also sprayed my engine cover with some realy old 'Bumper and trim spray paint' i found at the back of the garage lol looks cool but i cant say my masking skills are the best!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast