Thread: 2.2 airbox info?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2.2 airbox info?

i hope to get one soon and want to know if the zlet filter would fit it?

what am i going to gain from this too? sound? any performance at all if any?

and the breather from rocker cover, is it best to plumb in to airbox or leave it to hang down back of engine?

cheers

brucey
    the black Opel Sri-t with bbs ch alloys and
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't really see any big difference in the box setups! You will be able to hear the sound of the OE dump valve, and it will have maybe a little gain in the low rpm range. Combined with the veccy C intake pipe it definately gives a noticeble gain ... again in lower rpms.
    If you plumb your breather pipe in the airbox ... you'll destroy your AFM for sure! Anyways all that thing does is mess up your internals from turbo to injectors with oil. I personally left mine with a long hose hangin back of the engine..

PS. ohh and forgot to answer your first question ... filters are different ... you'll need to buy Z22SE filters if you do that mod
    The only way to be 100% certain that work has been done properly is to do it yourself.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboManiak View Post
    I can't really see any big difference in the box setups! You will be able to hear the sound of the OE dump valve, and it will have maybe a little gain in the low rpm range. Combined with the veccy C intake pipe it definately gives a noticeble gain ... again in lower rpms.
    If you plumb your breather pipe in the airbox ... you'll destroy your AFM for sure! Anyways all that thing does is mess up your internals from turbo to injectors with oil. I personally left mine with a long hose hangin back of the engine..

PS. ohh and forgot to answer your first question ... filters are different ... you'll need to buy Z22SE filters if you do that mod
    top man, thank you for your time matey
    the black Opel Sri-t with bbs ch alloys and
    Eds3.5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you'll destroy your AFM for sure! Anyways all that thing does is mess up your internals from turbo to injectors with oil. I personally left mine with a long hose hangin back of the engine..
    Well my breather goes in to the air box (with it's own filter) and the AFM is fine (VXR AFM though) the air filter is clean above the breather so no oil is getting to the AFM, if you leave it to breath outside the box you'll smell it through the heater.

The breather feeds in to the cross over pipe so there's no worry about the turbo etc.

Here's a pic of what I have done:

Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine just vents to the atmosphere, very little comes out (infact every time I check it I cant find any oil deposits) so its not a problem just leaving it hanging out the back!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyways all that thing does is mess up your internals from turbo to injectors with oil.
    Turbo feeds injectors??

Oh and I have the same set up as K3FUS and have never had a afm fail

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if u need a 2.2 box ive got a brand new one thats not needed - got an ever so light mark to the lid but otherwise perfect - gimme a shout if ur interested

complete with new paper filter - also got brand new zlet K&N filter although considerably bigger

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    K3fus it depends on how much oil comes out of that thing ... mine leaks little oil too but its under the car and it doesn't smell burnt oil... anyways I wouldn't plumb it before the AFM for the reasons I gave and besides that the OE setup doesn't do that too.

Keithy where did I say turbo feeds injectors ... ???
    The only way to be 100% certain that work has been done properly is to do it yourself.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    if u need a 2.2 box ive got a brand new one thats not needed - got an ever so light mark to the lid but otherwise perfect - gimme a shout if ur interested

complete with new paper filter - also got brand new zlet K&N filter although considerably bigger
    Sent you a message about K & N filter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here TurboMankiak

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast