Thread: Suspension Shock Reviews Needed!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Suspension Shock Reviews Needed!!!

As some of you have probably noticed i have posted a fair few threads on this....simply because i cant find the info i want and dont seem to get any help.

Im looking for a set up for the 50/30 eisbach's....but i dont want a hard ride......dont mind stiffer but i dont wana hear it banging about and juddering as i generally drive on sh1te roads.....

i dont know how many other people have had trouble finding out reviews ect on suspension but its hard to come by.......

so bascially could people shed some light........looked at koni adjust. but heard mixed reviews so i figured if i get a few people to comment on different set ups i can narrow it down....and no i dont want coilovers...lol

James

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol..........anyone .......everyones got all these different kits and set ups but cant comment on them....this thread could help anyone else that trys searching in future too. because trying to find good personal reviews is like rocking horse sh1t...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got raceland coilovers its on this thread
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=165135

its a very old thread though lol

they're suprisingly confortable, and this is coming from me where i live pot holes and shite roads every where! Ok its a little more harsh than standard suspensions but thats what you get if you looking to lower and stiffen the car anyway

Alot of people seems to like them too. and they're cheap! paid £150 for them
    >>Diary<< Status: ...........Slow and Steady.... may update more often...
    Last Updated: 27/10/2014

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you dont really find reviews due to it being a personal thing. What I call hard you may call soft, what I think is soft you may think its hard.

The only advice I can give is go for branded products and you get what you pay for from my experiance.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hy m8. Same problem here, trying to renew my suspension and didn't get to any conclusion. First of all, let me just say that i am looking to stiffen up the car just a litlle bit, cause the stock suspension it is almost ok. Second of all, i need to get it a litlle low, as we have some terrible roads and more than 3 cm is to much.
    From what i know and the options i had:
    -bilstein suspension but far too expensive
    -bilstein B4 and eibachs (probably i will go with this one)
    -koni shock absorbers - some say they are perfect, some don't like it because it is to harsh
    -koni and eibachs - also could be a good one as the koni's are adjustables but a litlle to expensive
    - raceland or other cheap coilovers - a friend of mine got it wrecked in 3 days ....so is a definetlly NO

The thing in my country is like this: just the Koni shocks goes to the price of B4's - Eibacks and a whiteline RARB. And i do believe, that with this mods you can definetlly have a good ride car and excellent control.
    I will change the suspension in maximum 2 weeks and will come back for more details.
    Cheers
    Astra Coupe Z20LET EDS stage 2

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I like my Jamex shocks...superbly matched with the Jamex springs I have too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    you dont really find reviews due to it being a personal thing. What I call hard you may call soft, what I think is soft you may think its hard.

Hit the nail on the head

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when my shockers wore out I fitted Koni FSD to my car on standard springs on recommendation from a friend. I feels almost the same as standard for general driving but a little more forgiving, does not crash over the pot holes so much and when you load it up or get to the limits of the old suspension it changes character and goes really stiff. Hated it to start with as felt like hardly anything had changed from standard but now I have got it loaded up a few times I see the benefits. It is softer for general driving then rock hard under pressure. Does what it says on the tin
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have eibach 50/30 springs and Bilstien shocks

Handling is good but the rear sits alittle high for my liking

I am going to be swapping the springs for some 40/40 but like yourself, I am unsure which to go for due to lack of reviews.
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home