Thread: Budget 2009

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Budget 2009

Well i know politics... and sometimes boring but budget has just been released

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8011882.stm

heres a quick summary on link.
    If anyone lucky earn £150,000 per yr, unlucky sorry!!

Again we see another rise in fuel duty tax, 2p in september... and continuing fuel prices we could see prices by then at £1.20p litre of more!!!!!

Regards

Iain
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Government is in a dream world. 50% tax on your wages if you earn more than 150k WTF. Everyone should pay the same tax level, people shouldn't get ***** just because they earn a decent living.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank god for this

£525m for offshore wind projects
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    # £525m for offshore wind projects
    # £435m support for energy efficiency schemes
    # £100m for local authorities to build energy efficient home

How about we don't waste over £1bn on this shit, and reduce tax levels instead?

kr00zin_uk
    As we are a motoring orientated forum, I thought I would point out this one from the link above:

From next month until March 2010 motorists to get £2,000 discount on new cars if they trade in cars older than 10 years

My 1999 Astra would qualify, so which gas guzzling 4x4 do I trade it in for?

I wonder what happens to all the old cars then? Do they get sold on again to another owner (if so what's the point in providing £2000?) Or do they have to be scrapped to qualify? (if so what a waste of a perfectly good working vehicle!)

kr00zin_uk
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post

I agree with this 100%!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thing is, we are in a recession, inflation is becoming deflation, they are worried public spending will decrease.
    So what have they done to help prevent this, increase tax on beer, petrol and wages. Does anyone have a ****ing clue what they are doing

kr00zin_uk
    Government is in a dream world. 50% tax on your wages if you earn more than 150k WTF. Everyone should pay the same tax level, people shouldn't get ***** just because they earn a decent living.

Well I agree with this partly because people with good career's earnt their salary and if they take away more tax for more higher earnings, there is no incentive to do well in life and progress.

However the worst off people in life are always the working class with mediocre jobs and non extravagant lifestyles!!

The poor are fine because they do nothing and get state handouts for the privilege and the rich couldn't care less how much they spend because money is no object.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

because a fair amount of this money will go into UK manufacturing industries, reducing redundancies, keeping people in jobs and reducing the burden on tax paying individuals.

It will go somewhere to keeping manufacturing alive in the UK. It's good news for the place I work at, as it will potentially be a very big new market for us, and secure the jobs of a fair few people.

There's no point lowering the tax levels if no-one's working to pay tax!
    1.9 cdti (120) black ASH
    Wanted: Black VXR Grille!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thing is, we are in a recession, inflation is becoming deflation, they are worried public spending will decrease.
    So what have they done to help prevent this, increase tax on beer, petrol and wages. Does anyone have a ****ing clue what they are doing
    While this is true and i agree, where do you think the billions of pounds to bail out all the banks/councils/whatever else has come from ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast