Thread: Xenon auto-headlight adjustment

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Question Xenon auto-headlight adjustment

Since I 've lowered my coupe I've noticed that the headlights are very low. I've got the Vauxhall Xenon headlights fitted and automatic height adjustment. i know there's a sensor on the rear axle but is there one on the front axle and are they adjustable so i can reset them to compensate for the lowering of the car, as if there is only the rear sensor it must be thinking that there's a heavy load in the boot and lowering the headlights to compensate.

Thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone pse

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you can manually adjust them with the adjustment screws on the top still i believe, bring it to your local headlight adjusting people, they'll point youright,

hope this helps

Dave
    i would if i could but i cant (be arsed)
    maybe I can....clicky ......now sold !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The xenon headlight's are have self leveling and have sensor's front and rear of the vehicle, its not the case of adjusting the screw's as they are electronically adjusted. you either have a electrical fault with wiring or fault sensor. The are very conplicated to deal with.

You may get round it by shorting the adjusting rod. but end of the day by you lowering it beyond manufactor's limit's there may not be a cure to the problem

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Since posting I've spoke to local Vaux dealer and the service department couldn't help and ended up being put through to parts dept. who confirmed there is only 1 sensor at the rear.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK i stand incorrect, about having two sensor's then have you tried a new rear sensor? have you have them reset?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Everything was ok before lowering and there are no errors on the dash.

Just been out to see if I could sort something out, basically what I did was try to raise the sensor a little to see if I could change the headlight angle and this brought on the headlight alignment error light on the dash so this makes me beleive that there's a control unit for the sysytem so does anyone know if it can be reset via tech 2 or is there another way the system can be reset.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As said before their should be an adjustment screw, only difference that i know is the rear sensor it still uses a the same motor as the other Astra's, on the slam panel of the car remove the little rubber bungs and see if there is an allen key fit if so go down to the Mot centre and get them to adjust it make sure the boot is not loaded