Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help!! Starting to wonder if i've bought a ringer

i could do with some help to put my mind at rest,
    i bought my fiance a 2001/Y astra G 3dr sxi 1.6 16v, i wanted to replace the rear bumper due to cracking/scratches and found one on ebay, so i thought i'd just pop out and check the paint code to see if they matched, opened the drivers door and found no vin sticker ok this didn't worry me too much, i mean we're always replacing them in work on other cars when they've had body repairs. so i just thought i'd have a look for the other plates, this is where i started to wonder and panic, nothing on the front crossmember, windscreen has been replaced with one without the "little window" to read the vin on the dash, there is nothing stamped on the bulkhead, i did lift the small flap in the drivers footwell and checked the vin against the one on the mot and car pass and they match, just unable to check against the log book as we are still waiting to get it back from the DVLA, which also makes me worry as we sent it off on the 28th of march? now i know they usually state that they can take 28 days but i have never actually had to wait that long.
    all help/advise appreciated
    many thanks

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can do checks with the reg number on the Dvla web site, it will tell you all about the car and give you the chassis number they have recorded for that mark!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try doing one of the RAC/AA vehicle checks
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the vehicle was hpi'd when it came into work and it showed that it had been stolen/recovered? but there were no current markers on it??
    does this help