Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mark 4 LS door badge

OK, so here I go with another (probably stupid) question:

Lost a door badge a while ago, bought a genuine Vauxhall one off an ebay shop (opelise, I think it's called) for a fiver - result, I thought.

The badge I got has 4 clips (well, more like tabs really) on the back to fix it on, but the space on the door where it should go has 2 long horizontal slots, so it won't fit.

Anyone know how come there's different badge fittings? The one I bought was advertised as being for Astras from '98 - '04, my car's a 2000 so I'd have thought it'd be right.

Have sent the seller a message via ebay but, while I'm waiting for a reply I thought I'd check here.

Thankyou and goodnight, much love

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    No idea mate sorry, but i've just been in touch with opelise as i need all rear badges. I need them all to be self adhesive & i need them all to be official.

He told me all his engine size badges ARE official.

They look bloody huge on his listings & i've never seen them that big on an Astra before.

What's the fellas posting time like? Decent seller?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say he's a good seller, yeah. Nice and quick sending it and gave me good feedback for paying quick (I always pay as soon as I buy an item).

And it's definitely official - came in a li'l baggy with the proper Vauxhall label.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just got a reply from opelise, he's only got the 4-clip badges like the one I bought by mistake.

So, anyone know why there's two different badges or where I can get hold of the one with the fitting I need (see original post)?

Got to say I'm a bit confused, the one I bought is a genuine Vauxhall part, supposedly for the right model of car, but it doesn't fit - any ideas anyone?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought I'd give this a quick "bump" in case anyone can shed any light on it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Perhaps file off the clips/tabs & apply strong double sided adhesive. Can buy the double sided off of eBay in various widths.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Perhaps file off the clips/tabs & apply strong double sided adhesive. Can buy the double sided off of eBay in various widths.
    Probably the best bet as I still can't find any that go straight on. I'm not the most car-proud person in the world (understatement) but it's really annoying having a gap there.