Thread: problem help!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

problem help!

my mrs got a zafira 1.6 16v and she was driving to work this morning when it sudenly cut out and wouldnt start theres no error codes showing so ive not got a clue there was a smell of petrol the other day but i took no notice so could it have been missing or is there a sensor gone down im desperate to get fixed because the mrs will have to drive the scooby
    drivin hard! an smellin clutch!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any ideas people?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on further investigation when i try to turn car over you can here the starter motor but nothin seems to move ive checked cambelt and thats still on could the starter motor be why the car cut out? plus the other half said it was struggling to tick over when she started it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate check my recent threads about my proplems...sound similar.....in the Naturally Aspirated section on search thru my name thing....anyway so i dont waffle again.....pull off the EGR valve and see if its stuck open or closed one of the two(the thing will stick out the bottom) if it does....push it back in(clean also or better still buy a new one) and try that.....was causin my car not to start and misfire when it did...also my battery didnt last long so once you done this link bit up to some jump leads just to be sure.......if it is this...until you get a new EGR valve once you pushed it in at the bottom...you can unplug it and it will be ok till you get a new one......ur emmisions light will come on tho.....hope this helps
    J

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank you jay but i changed the egr last year it couldnt of gone again could it?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont really know mate not mecanically minded but i would check it anyway.....sounds the same symptoms as me tho mate so gota be worth a check for the sake of 20mins.......if you havent cleaned it in a year i guess it could coke up again??? let me know how you get one mate.....maybe worth calling out a fault reader man....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like theres no charge in the battery, get it tested to check it holds a charge. If it does then it could be your alternators shot.

If it sounds like the starter motor wants to turn but then stops as its away to crank the engine then low electricity is likely as it doesnt have enough power to force the crank around.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i will try but wouldnt the light come on ?
    were abouts is the starter motor as i carnt see it ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    car has original vauxhall battery on with the green light but the light has gone off does that mean the batterys shagged then?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no mine didnt......what king the chris said is how my car was tring to turn over after it went a bit dead...just attach it to jump leads.......mate...get out and have a look......u wont get to the bottom of the problem worrying about a flat battery...jump it. also like i said its the same symtoms as me and it was a jammed EGR so y not just check it for the sake of 20 mins...if that......

thats all i can help with as i dont really know much about faults ect.........no one else has helped so just try different things....clean ouit the throttle body? check nothin blocking air flow? do a compression test maybe i dunno....just a few easy to do things that will help you on ur way....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast