Thread: Had a car accident yesterday

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had a car accident yesterday

Im pretty upset today.. yesterday i went to pick up a wheel barrow from my mums which aint far from me and had a new black honda civic infront of me im just casualy driving behind him doing 40mph on a 60pmh road and not even close to the car and he starts slamming on his ancors at me now i know i wasnt up his behind as had 2 of my kids in the car, then he did it till we stopped on the road.. thought bugger so put my foot down and went to over take him and got side by side stuck up my fingers and the w**ker drove straight into me and tried to ram me off the road!!!
    Frightend the life out of me to be honest and was flippin fuming and was beeping my horn trying to make him pull over, aventually he did i got out of the car and said " what the f**King hell are you doing driving into me you stupid w**ker, his reply was "well shouldnt try over taking me then should you" i replied " what the hell do u expect when ur being a c**k infront of me when iv got kids in the car.. look at my car" well his attitude was i dont care mines a company car.
    I didnt have my phone on me so i was shouting at him ring the police now and adventaully he did and said i wana report a accident some agressive women drove into me trying to over take on a blind bend (we were on a straight road where you can over take) im shouting u liar etc and had a pen in my hand writing down him reg number etc.. then the cheeky ******* said "she has a knife or a screw driver and is going to stab me" im shouting u f**king idiot its a pen then was like to the police see what i have to put up with!!!
    Anyway to cut along storey short we exchanged details as the police wouldnt come out and then said " many thanks for that hope you have a nice day " and walked off, im just still in total shock now just cant belive what pocessed him to be so flippin dangerous and then blame me after he admitted fault when we 1st got out the car, i drove to me mums and rang the police and they said because i left the scene nothing they can do.
    The bloke gave me his buisness card and was around my age in a 57plate black honda civic and obviously didnt give a toss as was his company car and he was a accounts manager from london.
    My neck hurts abit and tired where i couldnt sleep last night as keep going over an over in my head, kids are ok luckailly hasnt affected them so far, but definately dont wana drive for awhile and we have to wait for his insurance company (whick they wont) accept liability to get ours repaired so looks like no pvs this year for us
    heres the pics (doesnt look as bad as it is in real life but at least its not major)
    wheel but photos to bright to show it up

you can clearly see his tyre mark here where he turned out to drive into me

and all car the passenger side

Drives a Arden blue zafi gsi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about that Milly. You need to go to your GP straight away and get it on record. I'm not saying claim compo for the sake of it but if you need to make a genuine claim it will be alot easier. You also could check to see if there was any cctv in the area which may have caught this idiot driving dangerously.
    Now drives a Vectra C 1.9 cdti SRi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz42 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that Milly. You need to go to your GP straight away and get it on record. I'm not saying claim compo for the sake of it but if you need to make a genuine claim it will be alot easier. You also could check to see if there was any cctv in the area which may have caught this idiot driving dangerously.
    its an old A road so defo no cctv there was a wittness as was a vectra behind me but he never stopped sadly

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's defo worth going to your GP. Also make a formal complaint to the police

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rang the police yesterday and they said they wont do nothing as no wittness's and we both had left the seen by the time i rang them when i got home..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If his car is insured on a company policy then you may stand more of a chance of winning the claim. Some companies don't even contest it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you've got personal injury and the driver can't be traced, you can claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau - any decent solicitor can do that for you. I've done it once in the past - it only covers injury rather than damage to the vehicle, but it's something.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    funny how people like that only do it to women, lucky it wasnt me i would kicked the livin hell outta him. hope you feel better soon mill and hope it doent worry you about driving to much.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_l3oi View Post
    funny how people like that only do it to women, lucky it wasnt me i would kicked the livin hell outta him. hope you feel better soon mill and hope it doent worry you about driving to much.
    Yeah these sort of "men" are very brave aren't they? They have no regard for other road users especially when there are kids involved . Unfortunately they leave the carnage in their rear view mirrors and come out unscathed.
    The best thing to do Milly is get back behind the wheel to get your confidence back

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    agreed or you could hunt him down and torture him :P

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast