Today I got on with a few things I've been wanting to do for a while.
The main thing was trying out eliminating the Rear Boost Control Solenoid.
- First was to locate the pipe from the dump valve that goes around the side of the airbox then drops down behind the block. I drove onto a pair of ramps so I could then easily find the vacuum box / Rear BCS.
- Before I disconected the pipe on the rear BCS I made this;
- Then I got underneath, unplugged the pipe from the dump valve and put the short blanked off pipe on;
- Here is the complete standard pipe, still conected to the dump valve;
- This is how I've connected it all up;
It was very easy to do and I was able to take it out for a spin once fitted. It all feels good although it takes a little getting used to as it feels much more keen to get a shift on then before! and I'm glad I've got the Regal 'boost' switch fitted.
The hardest thing to get used to is the sound! It's louder than before and it sounds quite odd to be honest. So much so, it almost sounds unhealthy, I'm even wondering whether I've done something wrong!?!? (hopefully you guys can answer that from my pics). The sound is hard to explain but it sounds a little like the first noise of this (but speeded up) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-aN...eature=related
It certainly isn't one 'tshhhh'. Could it be the turbo trying to stall?
All comments welcome as always!
PS - Here's how it looks now;