Thread: Black Beast, Blonde Owner (who hasn't got a clue about removing surface scratches!)

Status
    Cameron Ginger Diaz
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Black Beast, Blonde Owner (who hasn't got a clue about removing surface scratches!)

Hi Chaps!
    As you may know I left the VX clan when I bought my Audi A4 but have always lurked on here as and when I can!

I need your expertise and help in getting my beastie back to prestigne condition

Now on my bonnet there is a HUGE surface scratch which is the length of the bonnet and which looks exactly like it has been done at some point when the car was hand-washed

Anyways, I need to try and get rid of it or make it less noticable? My current cleaning regime is once a month - wash, shampoo, chamois, Super Resin Polish (should I be using a wax after this?) and once a week I wash, shampoo, chamois. I used the Autoglym Deep Shine but that looked like I left a layer of lard on it Is it because I am a weakling that this happened? Can anyone advise what their cleaning regime (including scratch removal) they have for a brilliant paint finish on a black car?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Shev. take a look at the guides that are stickied, there's all the info you need in there.

the marking left by the UDS is hologramming, and UDS is particularly bad for this. Waxing after using SRP will eliminate the need to polish so frequently. Instead, you can maintain the shine by washing, drying then using a detailing spray such as Megs Last Touch. Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 will give a brilliant finish on black.

also, look at investing in a decent waffleweave drying towel such as a Der Wunder, as the chamois will strip off the wax when you dry it, and leave tha car with no protection.

All the stuff I mentioned can be bought from cleanyourcar.

If you want to go through what products you have, and what you need to buy to add to, rather than replace, you kit, then drop me a PM.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what he said^^^^^
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing