Thread: Sub/Amp issues - help!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sub/Amp issues - help!

Hi guys, hoping someone can help with an issue i'm having. I had a new stereo fitted a month or so ago along with a new active sub. The problem I had initially was that the stereo would only come on if you turned the key to pre-ignition or if the engine is running, as soon as you turn the key back the stereo would switch off (even if you turned to pre-ignition and then back again). So I took it back to halfords where I had it fitted, the guy hooked it up so it was on permanent live which solved the problem (or so I thought).

Anyway, yesterday I thought I'd take the car for a spin, nice day etc. Went to start and just a clicking noise and the lights on the dash going into techno mode! Didn't realise straight away what the issue was, called the AA guy who fitted a battery charger and the car started straight away, so thought might be a batt problem. He asked if I'd left any lights switched on which I hadn't and thats when it clicked, waited for the guy to leave and checked the amp with the engine switched off, key out of ignition, stereo face off as well and the sub was on!! Now I know the stereo is hooked up to permanent live, but shouldnt the amp and sub only come on when the stereo is switched on? I'm taking it back to halfords this evening for them to take a look, what I don't really want is to go back to the old way where it was only coming on with the engine running, any advice would be appreciated. It's a Sony MEX-BT3600U HU and a FLi trap 1000watt active sub.

Thanks in advance

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like its been bodged to get a permanent live.

What you need to do is put it back how it was, but first plug the original head unit back in to change the 'Ignition Logic' setting. That will allow the stereo to be used without the ignition having to be on.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    Sounds like its been bodged to get a permanent live.

What you need to do is put it back how it was, but first plug the original head unit back in to change the 'Ignition Logic' setting. That will allow the stereo to be used without the ignition having to be on.
    Hi Coo, thanks for that. About plugging in the old unit again, after this is done and code entered etc, do I need to go in to the 'settings' in order to enable the 'Ignigtion Logic' bit? Any further tips would be appreciated, as I'm gonna get them to do it, so having a bit of knowledge on exactly what needs to be done will be handy.

Thanks again, really appreciated mate, having to pull the fuse each time I parked my car was wearing thin...