Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repair/Respray costs due to GSI rolling off the drive!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Repair/Respray costs due to GSI rolling off the drive!

The day before last my GSI rolled off my drive, over the road, down the neighbours drive over the road and it a wheely bin and concrete post (just a glancing blow to the post mind), at which point i managed to run after it, jump in and stop it before it went through their back fance and dropped into the garden below them. This resulted in the front bumper scratched in numerous places and the n/s/f panel being pushed in. I also have some minor damage to the o/s/r panel and around the arch and just onto the door, to look at that you wouldn't notice its only when you get up close and personal your can see the scuff marks and i think it is slightly pushed back but only very slightly, not even 5mm tbh. Obviously the front is a different matter, you can't miss it! I have been considering having a respray but only want a blow over as wanting it leaving black sapphire. anyone any ideas as to prices for a blow over? there is no rust anywhere but obviouly this panel needs sorting. i was looking at trying to find a black sapphire panel to bolt straight on as i don't know if it would be worth my while going through my insurance as my excess is £250, i have seen some panels ranging between £30 - £50.

pics available here:

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...FIRA%20DAMAGE/

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what a bu..er mate lucky you got away with as little damage could have been worse. if your no claims are protected it might be cheaper via your insurance company
    slightly tweeked zaffy gsi. vxr turbo. scorpian precat. scorpian 200 cel sports cat. miltek cat back sytem. lowered on jom coilovers. 18" lxy haines

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    As you excess is only £250 I was thinking that as well as you Davie.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have zero no claims as i have beena named driver for the last 5 year. the only thing i don't want to happen is for it to go through insurance and they decided its not econmical to repair. would they just spray what is needed or it all?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    They would just do the bumper and wings and blend the doors.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Judging by what you describe happened, you had a lucky escape!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    looks nasty. can i offer some advice here...? leave the car in gear when on your driveway? i assume it was parked at the time.

my drive has a similar slope to that, when i park on it, always select first gear when the engine is off. have released the handbrake in the past to see how far it goes, and literally moved mm's if that! saying that, any sloped surface i park on gets the first gear!

anyway, hope you get it sorted soon!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea, it could have been much much worse.

the maddening thing is i never leave it out of gear when parked normally, i had been falling out with the wife and had a lot on my mind so it just slipped my mind and now its oing to cost me!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its not that bad, barely a dent, just find a descent body shop, get it pulled and filled, shouldnt be much more then 200, i'v had much worse fixed for less definatly doesnt need a new wing.
    Astra: Drive it like you stole it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no i know it doesn't definately need a new wing, i have seen wings for 30 - 50 quid, just waiting to see if they are the right paint code.if it would cost more than my excess is then i would go through the insurance, obviously if i cant get a wing the same colour but the repair is cheaper than the excess then i will pay for the repair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast