Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ipod help

Hi everyone,

first time that i have posted on here and i am hoping that you guys could help me out. also i apologise if there has been a thread about this allready.

have had my astra 04 1.6 sxi from new and i have just given in and got myself an ipod. i was just wondering what is the best way to go about getting it to play in the car? i have seen that alot of people get a cable that goes from the aux, but then people moan about the sound quality. I did not know if you could just purchase a new head unit which comes with a ipod connection allready on it? but obviously the normal head unit you would get fromn the shops would be too small to fit in the gap where the existing head unit would have been.

hope you can help me out. thanks in advance.

Chris

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome Chris

To start with a car of your age will never tape a aux input lead so your olny option will ever be a FM modulator

If your looking at chnaging the headunit facia plats are avaiable for both single and double din headunits. If you have the money i'd go for a double din as the look so much better in the MK5's
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyway you could show me what a double din is? and i know pretty much nothing when it comes to putting stuff on my caror taking anything off. so are saying i would have get one of those adaptors thatgoes in the cigarette lighter and tune it in? sorry if this sound a bit stupid but i am new to this kind of stuff.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    DIN is the standard size that stereo's used to be, most are double the size now hence the name

Just used this image as i've fitted a few of them over the last couple of weeks
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason