Thread: Fault code 0200....cut out completly

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fault code 0200....cut out completly

hi, was coming down to a round about tonight...well at half 9 and all of a sudden my car cut out......exactly how it did with my EGR valve problem...sat there for a bit just assumed it was that and thought it would start again after a few mins...well iv just got in....lol

RAC come out and found no codes...but i found 0400, egr and also 0200...which i have no idea.....basically the car turns over but not start ....nothing.....any ideas really need to have this fixed by sunday and have a funny feeling its something serious.....

its a astra 1.6 sxi 03 plate....sorry if iv missed any info but im tired pi55ed off and need to feed myself..lol...it was a long old wait to be towed home....would have been quicker to push it..

thanks j

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well 0200 = P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction

my initial thoughts as with anything fuel related is to check the big purple fuel pump relay in the fuse box - these are weird lil buggers and can sometimes cause a multitude of faults - a vxl dealer should have them in stock or try a scrappies if ur desperate (which sounds like u are)

i'd try some serious googling or searching on here for "p0200" faults and see what else u can find

no help im afraid but its a start

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem, was driving home from hospital with my young son when the car cut out on a roundabout half 10 at night! the car wouldnt start at all had to get it towed home.
    had it checked by the diagnostic machine it said code p0200 which was a malfunction in the fuel injector,had some guy come check it on his laptop he said it was the fuel injector filter.
    got that part changed the car finally started!
    but now there is still no power in the car and its idleing like mad!!!!!
    any ideas on what else it could be would be very gratefull of any ideas or help

cheers

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The library I use says P0200 Injector Circuit is open

So look at the Relay as GB has said above
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the comments...iv searched google with no real luck.....got a better idea but no definate answer. rang VX and they said i need to have it put on thier code reader so im gona go down that route.....when i said to them about changing the relay they said its not that as the car is starting......forgot to meantion that....it did start eventually but its very lumpy and misfiring a goodun....so about the only thing i can do today is get to the breakers and get a coil pack and hope for the best.

also he said to me that if i dont delete the code from the ECU it will still run funny as its still there so he said''you could change the coil but unless you clear the fault it will still run funny'' so how do i go about doing this once iv fitted the coil???

also i take it the coil is just a unplug-bolt off and on jobby???

thanks people J

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    disconnect the battery for 30mins to reset the codes
    Mk4 3 door sxi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well iv just got back i got a coil pack from the breakers......same..so its not that....

now im getting code 0300 not 0200.......

i changed the purple thing(block that unplugs from the connector) and tried that with no luck....there was 2 purple ones? i had one spare so i changed them each time to check...still no change..... after this i thought ***** it and put the old coil back on coz the bloke said i can take it back....then tried firing it up and it would turn over(like click, not start just the noise of the ignition) then go completly dead....lights on dash go off the lot.....maybe just a deadish battery but i seemed a bit wierd how it turned over for a second and then goes dead....

so any ideas now???

im gona try explain better what is was doing when it DID start up.....it would turn over(like click like it does when you first turn the key.....then id have to rev it to get it to start. once started it was fine when the revs were high but when they droped below 1.5 2k it would just bubble misfire and cut out....like its being starved of petrol in lower rev range maybe????

HELP PLEASE!!!!

thanks

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    0300 is multiple cylinder misfire, so that could've been down to the Coilpack breaking down
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea but iv tried 2 now with the same outcome.........gota be something else...iv also read somewhere that the EGR valve can cause missfire.....but it confusses me the fact that the code before was 0200????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast