Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How has the credit crunch affected you and your car?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy How has the credit crunch affected you and your car?

Bit of a random thought but I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing as me at the minute or anyone can offer me inspiration!

Basically due to the fact that money is now tighter than ever, combined with high fuel costs and niggly things going wrong with my coupe, I'm beginning to consider selling it. I really don't want to do it as I've invested aroung £9k into it (not including buying it) but when you're struggling to fix the AFM/coil pack + plugs it's not good!

Anyone else in a similar boat, any words of wisdom to help me through lol because the last thing I want to do is have to sell the car I've wanted since I was 16!!!
    Full Courtenay rebuilt engine...VXR turbo... full stainless Millek exhaust... re-mapped... lightened fly wheel... race/sports clutch... more to come?? Oh yes!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah as my signature says i've had to take my coupe off the road for now. Was due tax and mot and needed a couple of bits doing for it which i just couldn't afford atm. Have started buying parts that i need to sort it tho - managed to pick up some bargains on here actually. So hopefully it will be back next month. took it for a quick spin round the block (on private land obviously ) the other day just to keep the battery alive and my god its quick! When you've been driving a 1.4 for the last few weeks then you jump into a tuned z20let its quite a difference lol. Might keep the puma on the road as well and use it for the daily slog, just get the astra out on my days off - will hopefully stop me getting used to the speed again too.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    See that's what I had consider, having a run around to get to work and back because I've got a 60 mile round trip a day so it's not too economical, but then by the time I'd pay insurance and buy it I'd be no further forward, damn credit crunch!!

All the same I hope you can get yours back sorted soon mate, I can only imagine what it must be like not being able to drive your pride and joy, it's bad enough being able to drive it but changing gear at 2.5k revs lol
    Full Courtenay rebuilt engine...VXR turbo... full stainless Millek exhaust... re-mapped... lightened fly wheel... race/sports clutch... more to come?? Oh yes!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol cheers mate, i kno the feeling tho. I tried always Changing gear at 2.5k revs and to drive economically for a while and tbh failed miserably. When u've got all that power under ur right foot its rude not to use it! It does kill me seeing the astra parked up on the drive but i have to say the puma is a great little car. So nippy around town and handles really well the only downside is i look like a hairdresser lol. It is my gfs car If the astra was not on finance i would have sold it a while ago and bought something cheaper to run for sure. So if u can sell ur car i would def consider it- theres some pretty nice fastish diesels around for 6kish, mondeo st tdci for an example?
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, lost the astra as I could not afford it..

Brought a celica for a £1000 and sold it for £2000 today, so no not that bad, looking at a new car tonight and going to do it again.... amazing what a good clean and service can do
    Celica T-Sport , Audi S3 , scania r series

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forgot to say i got a quote on a multi car insurance policy to run the puma and astra and it was only about 30 quid extra a month.
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't afford to buy things for the VXR and pay for my wedding at the same time. But then again, I couldn't have without a recession.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim1547 View Post
    Forgot to say i got a quote on a multi car insurance policy to run the puma and astra and it was only about 30 quid extra a month.
    Multicar FTW! Me and Kirsty have gone onto a multicar policy, and it only cost us £50 more for the year than what my renewal on the VXR was!
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    strangely enough I have more money now, dont ask me how..... I haven't a clue. up until 3 mths ago I was 1k in the red, now i'm 1k in the black
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstring View Post
    Well, lost the astra as I could not afford it..

Brought a celica for a £1000 and sold it for £2000 today, so no not that bad, looking at a new car tonight and going to do it again.... amazing what a good clean and service can do
    Nice one

Good to see someones still doing good in this so called recession
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast