Thread: some clarrifying

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking some clarrifying

ive left my brain cell in my other trousers...

hi all, im jay... i owned a vectra sri v6 and was previously on the vvoc.com forum but just brought 1.8 astra coupe today so thought id move over here.

im not knowing alot about astras but thinking of getting some toys for my new toy so my question is how similar are the parts for the mk4 astra hatch and the coupe? i.e exhaust systems, engine parts, suspension kits bumpers, lights etc. obviously the boot is different but is the main rule anything for a mk4 hatch will fit a coupe or is some stuff coupe specific?

looking forward to meeting some off u soon

cheers jay

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi & welcome.
    Door mirrors, rear lights, rear bumpers & back boxes are Coupe/Cabby specific, however engines, suspension, front bumpers & rest of exhaust systems are fairly similar across the astra range.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions, they're a friendly bunch here, well most are.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I get on fine using the Haynes manual for the Astra G Hatch when working on my Coupe.

Most mechanical stuff is the same as said, apart from the exhaust which is obviously longer.

Bonnet and front wings are the only interchangeable bodypanels with the hatch unfortunately, but other panels are easy to come by

The rear bench seat is also unique to the Coupe.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    everything up to the A Pillers fits both cars, the exhaust backbox is different on the Coupe, and as said the rear bench is different in the coupe, everything else interior wise is interchangeable. Suspension is the same, but coupe springs are designed to have a heavier load, so any hatch springs will sit lower on the coupe. The rear lights are also different between the cars, but the fronts are the same. Rear bumper also can't be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegman View Post
    You know me so well and not even dinner, a movie and some flowers Tony. What sort of man do you think I am!!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks all for all your info its been a great help. did wonder about using the haynes manual for my car as i noticed it didnt cover the coup/cabby models so thanx Iain for clearing that up. cheers guys