Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Advice / Suggestions

Hi Guys.
    Right, my dilema is this. I bought a new car (05 CDTi Zaf) around Christmas time, and it never felt right. Well after scrubbing a couple of rear tyres I took it over to Elite who pointed out my rear axle wasn't straight.
    I took the car back to the trader, gave him all my proof and he said he would look into it!
    It's now 4 weeks, and a dozen phone calls down the line, and he's still stalling, and making excuses, so I think tomorrow I am going to tell him to poke it, get it done at Vx and sue him for all my costs.
    I've had a good read up on 'Sale of Goods Act' and some Trading Standards stuff, and feel I have given him "reasonable time and opportunity" to rectify the problem.
    Any comments / advice / suggestions welcome.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what a ****** he is go for it mate if he wont do anything get it fixed elsewhere and charge him ....make sure you can do that first probably will have to write to the bloke first to say if you dont fix it youll get it done and charge i guess.

Hope you sort it soon mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would be inclined to seek some legal advice before trying to fix the problems yourself and passing the bill on to the vendor as I think this may weaken your case.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need to be aware that there can be up to something like 12mm out of alignment on the rer and still be within tolerance. Check with VX the settings that Elite used are correct. Mine is 9mm out and apparently ok
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    but killing the rear's will be way out
    send him the Bill he has had the time to do it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_l3oi View Post
    what a ****** he is go for it mate if he wont do anything get it fixed elsewhere and charge him ....make sure you can do that first probably will have to write to the bloke first to say if you dont fix it youll get it done and charge i guess.

Hope you sort it soon mate
    Yep needs to be in writing and a time deadline needs to be given cause and solution and what happens if they don't do it, i had a similar thing with Vodafone

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx for the responses guys.
    Trading Standard state that once I have reported the fault, he should have dealt with my complaint "within a reasonable time, and without significant inconvenience". I believe 4 weeks and 2/3 phone calls is sufficient.
    I know there are tolerances, but Elite said it was so far out they wouldn't be able to get it anywhete near manufacturers tolerance. And now they have pointed it out, it's SOOO obvious. O/S Rear 50mm/50mm gap between tyre & Arch, N/S the gap is 70mm from the rear bumper and 25mm from the rear Arch... it won't just be the 'shut lines' I check next time !!
    When the rear tyres were replaced they were bald on both inside 3 inches, outside edges still had 5/6mm.