Thread: FFS ... iTunes doing my nut

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

FFS ... iTunes doing my nut

Every time i open iTunes, it opens & then shuts down as soon as it opens.

I've tried uninstalling & then re-installing - hasn't fixed the problem

any ideas?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you running any other kind of media software at the same time? i know a few ppl who's had that problem
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i hate i-tunes, i bought a sony mp4 player, sort of the same thing to an i-pob but uses drag and drop. i gave my i-pod to my 9yo neice and she can use i-tunes with her eyes shut, well maybe not that good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    never got on with itunes i use songbird
    so much better plus it works with ipods! lol

re itunes ... sounds like a reinstallation jobby to me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post

any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by resu View Post
    sounds like a reinstallation jobby to me
    Uuuuummm

Anyway, no other program running. Re-started Windows. Let everything load up in its own time. Click the iTunes icon & iTunes opens, but then automatically closes again.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate,

try using the windows restore feature to restore back to maybe a week ago when your itunes was actually working.

if this doesnt work or if you had the restore feature turned off then uninstall itunes, make sure that the other remnants are uninstalled also (Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, Bonjour and Quicktime) once you've done this then restart your machine.

Download CCleaner and install this utility (www.ccleaner.com/download) start up CCleaner and run the cleaner to get rid of all dead files, then run the Registry cleaner to clean up your registry (Make sure you make a backup of it when asked to do so in case you get any problems, i've used it hundreds of time on 70 work pcs and have never had a problem)

Once everything is cleaned restart your pc, download itunes (the latest one) and then install it. This should hopefully work ... let me know how you get on.

kr00zin_uk
    It's probably not the answer you are looking for, but my advice is to be different from the herd and ditch ITunes and get an mp3 player.

That way you aren't forced in to buying one type of player at a relatively extortionate cost, buying all of your songs from one supplier at a relatively extortionate cost, who then forces you to use their own in house software to manage your collection, along with placing copy protection on all the songs that you have purchased, to stop you transferring them on to other media players you own.

Aside from the above, as has been mentioned:

Uninstall ITunes, restart PC, download and install latest ITunes software, restart PC and see if that cures your problem.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyWonder View Post
    Hi mate,

try using the windows restore feature to restore back to maybe a week ago when your itunes was actually working.

if this doesnt work or if you had the restore feature turned off then uninstall itunes, make sure that the other remnants are uninstalled also (Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, Bonjour and Quicktime) once you've done this then restart your machine.

Download CCleaner and install this utility (www.ccleaner.com/download) start up CCleaner and run the cleaner to get rid of all dead files, then run the Registry cleaner to clean up your registry (Make sure you make a backup of it when asked to do so in case you get any problems, i've used it hundreds of time on 70 work pcs and have never had a problem)

Once everything is cleaned restart your pc, download itunes (the latest one) and then install it. This should hopefully work ... let me know how you get on.
    Cheers. The registry thing is a bit offputting. If i use the restore, wont that mess with my settings for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by kr00zin_uk View Post
    It's probably not the answer you are looking for, but my advice is to be different from the herd and ditch ITunes and get an mp3 player.
    Thus resulting in shelling out £109 a few months ago for nothing? In fact, add the cost of a new decent player onto the £109 to make a total cost of wasted money....?

That way you aren't forced in to buying one type of player at a relatively extortionate cost, buying all of your songs from one supplier at a relatively extortionate cost,
    * I wasn't forced, i chose, as i felt like buying an iPod nano
    * I'm not forced to buy from iTunes for my music either. I can put songs off my CDs or anywhere else i get mp3s from onto my iPod
    who then forces you to use their own in house software to manage your collection
    I do agree with this being rediculous though,
    along with placing copy protection on all the songs that you have purchased, to stop you transferring them on to other media players you own.
    There are ways around this

Uninstall ITunes, restart PC, download and install latest ITunes software, restart PC and see if that cures your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm pretty sure that you wont have a problem with the CCleaner utility, i've used on a lot of different computers and never had a problem (I manage over 400 PC's all over the UK)

If you're not too keen on using this then your other option is to use a program called Revo Uninstaller, its another free utility that i have used extensivley and will remove all traces of itunes. http://www.revouninstaller.com

if you dont want to use any of these then i'm afraid you'll have to go through the registry your self and remove all the links that refer to itunes, even i wouldnt be able to do that successfully.

hope you at least give one of these a shot as this will resolve your problem, your itunes has a few corrupted entries in the registry and this is the only way you're gonna fix it (well besides a total reformat!)

Just trying to help pal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr00zin_uk View Post

That way you aren't forced in to buying one type of player at a relatively extortionate cost, buying all of your songs from one supplier at a relatively extortionate cost, who then forces you to use their own in house software to manage your collection, along with placing copy protection on all the songs that you have purchased, to stop you transferring them on to other media players you own.

Aside from the above, as has been mentioned:

I use to be like that when it came to Itunes.

Then I realized this - Most people buy there stuff because:

They like it. Sure Itunes isn't the great thing in the work.
    Once you get use to it, it is actually pretty good. I never buy music from itunes. yet I have over 1500 tracks on my iphone.

Only thing itunes is used for is syncing.

Althou copy and paste is good also. like i use to do with my Archos Gemini 202 mp3 playery
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast