Thread: Radio and dashboard time not working :(

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Radio and dashboard time not working :(

ok so i got a astra, 1999, 1.6, club today. The radio has been changed to some JVC one which worked fine, however it wasn't installed properly and stuck out of the dash board. So me and my mate decided to try and put it in properly and we managed to lose the aerial adaptor inside the dashboard , but then we found another adaptor in the glove box. Do you think this other adaptor could be faulty? Could a faulty aerial adaptor stop the radio from working? Weird thing is the time and outside temp display doesn't work anymore either. So im thinking we have dislodged some connections behind the dash.

If this helps, this is what the adaptors look like. http://www.smartmods.co.uk/shop_large/img_148.jpg
    Is the car aerial needed to complete a circuit or something? Sorry if that sounds dumb i have no idea how car radio's work lol.

Thanks for your help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That adapter should go into the radio then the arial lead onto that.

As for the mfd display you have to cut a wire on the plug that goes into the radio.

Also the red and yellow wires need to be swapped as VX is not standard and the radio will not keep the stations.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help.

Turns out there was nothing wrong with the connection. The fuse had gone lol, ive got it all working now. Bit strange how the fuse went after we fiddled with it.