Thread: LPG fuel filters - do they need changed?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

LPG fuel filters - do they need changed?

My Z16XE (Z16XNG really) was factor fitted with an LPG fuel system. I'm told there are two (?) filters on the system but I have no idea if they ever need changed, and what symptoms may show through into the driving if they are in need of changed?

My car is just about to hit 139,000 miles but the filters have never been done. They don't have any mention in the service manual (even the LPG specific one), but I'm wondering if they could perhaps be why my car is noticeably less responsive and lacking at the top end on LPG compared to petrol? If the filters are pretty gunked up then the LPG fuel supply is going to be restricted. The manual does state something relating to a 6yr magnetic clean that needs to be done but my local dealerships don't have any LPG trained technicians to ask.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes they do, get yourself along to lpgforum.co.uk and there is plenty of info on there. Also on the factory systems there are pipes that need removing periodically and cleaning out to keep it all running properly
    Be Happy

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bloomin' work ISP web filters block that site but I'll have a look later, cheers!

My guess is they aren't a cheap and simple job do change? Same goes for the cleaning of the pipes?